“alue for your money”
Review of Scuba Club Cozumel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Scuba Club Cozumel
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Being a former scuba instructor we have returned time and time again. The staff takes great pride in making your stay very pleasent. You tell them where you would like to dive and they can accommadte you. You'll meet many great people with whom you'll stay in contact with and some even will come back to scuba club when you do.
Scuba ray

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 October 2008

This is an attractive stucco-adobe-style resort that is a short walk to town. It's nice to be able to walk to town, but the walk does get a little tiresome. Still, more pleasant than being right in town.

The rooms, for the most part, are cheerful and well-decorated. Mine had a terrific view of the ocean, and a wonderful balcony for lounging on. Some rooms on the first (ground floor) level were dark and a little musty smelling.

This resort has a very well-developed dive shop and a good fleet of boats. The guides, however, were not so good in my opinion ... they pretty much ignored any safety issues that came up with the group while diving ... it seemed that responding was not part of their job description. The issues included two out-of-air emergencies that required buddy breathing to the surface ... both times, the guides just kept on guiding, and didn't bother to make sure things were okay. And the out-of-air emergencies should never have happened (two on one trip?!) They were partly due to diver error (divers should have checked their equipment better), but also party due to staff error. The staff change tanks for people here; in one case they simply failed to change the tank, and in the other, they failed to turn the air all the way on (the rubber was loose on the knob, so it was hard to tell if the air was all the way on). I prefer to change my own equipment anyway, but if staff is going to take something on like that, they should have better procedures for ensuring no mishaps. I found this a little shocking for a place that is famous in the States for the quality of its dive operation.

• Stayed: May 2008
3  Thank SFNYTraveler
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Originally known as the Galapagos Inn, this is one of the oldest resorts on Cozumel. It is fabulously maintained and a great dive resort. It is small, about 60 rooms and very quiet. The Bar closes at 10:30 but if you really want to party, San Miguel (Town) is only a short walk. The dive operation was very professionally run and the 3 meals a day included in the packages were very good to excellent.

We have been to Cozumel about 20 times. This was the first time we stayed at Scuba Club. There were no screaming kids and no Bingo games (or other activities) around the pool like the all-inclusive resorts further South. And there is no TV in the rooms so we were able to get away from the never ending political campaign. And meals were served instead of buffet style. And there is unlimited shore diving on the shallow house reef included.

This was one of our best vacations ever. Everything, even the flights were good. The room was ready when we arrived.. It was clean and made up daily, usually before we returned from our dives. Diving was excellent. Boats were roomy and divemasters were good and gave us long bottom times. And the food and service were great.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2skidivers
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Was my 2nd scuba trip and I was still a bit nervous. Luckily got in a room right by the restaurant and with the best view of the ocean. The rooms were okay, nothing spectacular but I didn't go for the rooms. The staff was awesome. Our dive masters and boat crew were fantastic. My dive master was perfect and helped put me at ease with my fears. The waters are beautiful and the diving was breathtaking. If I get to go back I want to stay at the Scuba Club cozumel again because I know I will be taken care of in the special way tourists are supposed to be.
Great place!!

• Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Just got back from another trip to Scuba Club. Once again it was top notch! Its my home away from home. The staff is gracious and helpful.

The place is clean and quiet. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Its close enough to town to walk but far enough away to avoid the chaos. The dive operation is fantastic. I dive all over the world and in Cozumel many times before, and the guys at Scuba Club always come up on top of my list.

The boats are roomy and comfortable. Every boat has a head, shade from the sun, fresh water, and emergency kits, a safe place to store my camera and a BIG rinse tank. I have not found a better dive op for photographers. The only part of my trip to Scuba Club that I didn't like was going home.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 27 April 2008

My husband and I loved staying at the Scuba Club Cozumel. He is a diver and I am a non-diver. The dives were great for him although one should be aware that they are drift dives. The food was amazing with huge, nutritious quantities. The menu was exquisite. The rooms lovely (but the beds are hard and pillows are a little inadequate). The Dive Masters /boat crews were wonderful. The snorkeling right in front for the non-scuba diver was great! A fabulous place for divers! An enjoyable week of stay. We were not impressed with the mandatory list of tipping but worked it out to satisfy ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Scuba Club Cozumel is a super resort for diving and relaxing.
The food is copious and excellent, the rooms are spacious and simple, the service is friendly and courteous.
Abundant towels make the holiday enjoyable.
A short walk into town or to the large supermarket make the location ideal.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple