“JUST PERFECT”

Scuba Club Cozumel
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
“JUST PERFECT”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I spent a week because she loves diving and I went there as a company. This is a divers paradise but also good for non-divers. It has all you need with great views, nice and clean rooms (no TV) and a wonderful staff. The little coves to the sea are fantastic and you can easily do snorkeling there... I saw a lot of sea life for a novice like myself

Food is pretty good, although I don't recommend taking the all-meals package. The place is at a walking distance (nice walk) from Cozumel downtown and that way you can add some variety after scuba diving all morning....

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mauricio T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

First time I've been to Cozumel in about 20 years. And I really had very low expectations. Was thrilled to find Scuba Club as well kept and clean as before. Super air conditioning. Meals were exceptional in taste and variety. Staff very courteous

Dive operation was excellent. We had quite a few "seniors" in our group and they made entering and leaving water effortless

Just remember this is a resort for divers. There is a pool but not much entertainment for the non-diver.

Room Tip: No elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bonniehamilton13
Key Largo, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been diving since 1989. My stay at Scuba Club from July 23 to July 28, 2014 was the best dive vacation ever! My spacious room with the huge bath, great veranda and nice cool air conditioning was superb. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were outstanding,every day,at the club's on-site restaurant, the Fat Grouper Grill. The entire staff was always friendly and helpful. Special thanks to my friends on the crew of the Reef Cat for the great dive sites and hospitality on the boat. And finally, my gratitude to Master Scuba Diver Trainer Henry Zapata Lopez who taught me how to be an Advanced Open Water Diver, Deep Diver and Enriched Air Diver while making it all fun and adventurous. Gracias mi amigos! Hasta Diciembre!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeff R
NH
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First time diving in Cozumel - and I LOVED Scuba Club! I always have my doubts when I buy into an All-inclusive set-up, but I can't imagine diving from anywhere else now that I have experienced the wonderful dive services and resort of Scuba Club Cozumel! I was there for 12 days, 9 days of diving. Wonderful dive crew and shop. Loved my dive leader Nestor!! I don't think I would want to dive with anyone else in all of Cozumel. Wonderful guy who had an amazing ability to find Toad fish and Seahorses for us! The dive boats were large and fast and very comfortable. There was always water and juice onboard, offered by one of the crew. They were very good at remembering who we all were and gave help when and if we needed any. They were also great with some very expensive camera rigs. The food at the restaurant was pretty good and varied. We loved the salad bar at lunch with fresh salsa and chips offered. Serving portions were WAY too big and we ended up just ordering half portions. Dinners were very tasty and they always had a beef, chicken, fish or vegetarian options every night, with a salad or soup choice and decent desserts. Ice cream was always available. Water was always given at meals, but all other drinks were charged to the room. The price seemed to be reasonable, as at the end of 12 days, my bar tab was about $50. Resort was clean, safe, fun, relaxing. Pool was a bit small, but it was refreshing.

Room Tip: Some rooms were up many, many flights of steps - the view was good, but I am glad my room was on the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jungleyell
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my third trip to Scuba Club, this time with a group of 14. When we checked in they had assigned us an upstairs room. Both my wife and I are 66 and requested a downstairs room and they quickly accommodated us. My daughter and two grandsons where given a third floor room where the air conditioning just didn't get the room below 88 degrees and again, they accommodated us.

The diving is the best, the dive boats, hands, dive masters and staff catering to our every needs. Had a great 4th of July celebration, Mexico style. There simply isn't any better on Cozumel.

Room Tip: ground floor for comfort, upper floors for the view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TDCINC
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It is a pleasure to be diving in Cozumel but it is a dream come true when you have a clean and well kept hotel with a room only a few steps from your dive boat.The dive shop is a well organized ,friendly and professional one . The boats departs right on schedule ( not to typical for that island.) The food at the hotel is excellent and have a good selection from seafood to Mexican dishes to the more traditional American. I was there for a week and enjoyed the friendly crew and divemasters wich make the dives effortless. they set up your gear and in the water point to things you may have missed.The flight from Miami is only an hour and some minutes wich makes it one of the shortest connections.I had a great time and look forward for my next trip to Scuba Club Cozumel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank william e
Veneta, Oregon
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I absolutely love this place. This was our second time here... my boyfriend dives, I do not..... He loved the DM he had this time, Choki (Luis)..... he had awesome dives..... while I had excellent time in the hammocks, reading, and relaxing.... shops are within walking distance, or within taxi distance. The security guard is there to flag one down for you if you need one. No problem!
Fransisco, Tomas, and Albierto are fantastic in the dining room.... and housekeeping is thorough and quick. I can't picture staying anywhere else.

As to the review about security asking the people to leave, I say Kudos!!! to SCC. It gives me a great sense of security to know that we are being looked after. The divers leave their very expensive dive gear laying out to dry, and we are all on a trust system there. Thank you, SCC, for keeping us safe!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple