“Wonderful People!”
Review of Summer Place Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Summer Place Inn
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I have known James and Henny for quite a while. Around 8 years. And I have never heard one prejudiced thing come out of either of their mouths. They are some of the most wonderful, kind and loving people!

I am shocked that someone would say they are prejudice against locals! I know for a fact that they do not believe in this kind of rude thinking.

The Inn is beautiful, and the people are amazing.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Prime-image

Reviewed 12 November 2007

Henny and Marisa were wonderful hosts! My husband, infant son and I stayed at Summer Place Inn for a week. During our stay my husband needed to work via the internet, he at first had trouble connecting but Henny quickly and efficiently fixed the problem. She and her staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs and especially welcoming with my one year old son.
The location is just on the south end of town and we found it a very nice walk into the center of everything. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with 'home style' charm. The common area kitchen worked great for us and was fully accommodating with juices, bread, cereals and eggs.
The pool area and garden are very relaxing and we were even offered ripe coconut from the trees. Overall it is a wonderful value and a refreshing option to the sterile hotel environment
On a side note, my husband lost his ring and when we stopped back by to see if Henny had found it, she had gone to the trouble of taking apart the bathroom sink to look for it!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank mshaffer
Reviewed 16 October 2007

just read an interesting comment from iheartcozumel.usa. I actually have stayed at summer place inn several times and I HAVE TO comment on the remark about summer place being prejudiced against the locals. I could not find anything further from the truth. In fact, I met some really nice local people through the owners, (their names are Henny and James) and I intend to visit with them again when I go in January. The comment bothered me enough to write my own review.I don't know what the situation was there, but I am pretty suspicious of the comments. The place is a QUIET RESTFUL place for people who do not come to Mexico simply to get drunk and party and I have a sneaking suspicion that is what happened. If partying is what you want to do then go for it. But any person with the least bit of thought could see that Summer Place Inn is not a party all night place but an authentic Mexican retreat and THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT SOMETIMES and have come to expect when they go there. If I go to Summer Place Inn I do not want to listen to a bunch of drunk tourists all night -- that is what the Carlos and Charlie's is for. The gate being locked at night is for the guests security. You get a key when you arrive and can come and go as you please. That's the way most people would like it. And by the way, I'm not in my 60's not even close. My suggestion to iheartcozumel is to investigate where you intend to stay a little better next time.

Stayed: November 2006
3  Thank cozumelangel
Reviewed 16 August 2007

I've stayed in a number of places in Cozumel since I live only a few hours away, and Summer Place is by far my favorite. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated and even had a comfy fold-out cushion/mattress for my 1-year-old daughter. From the hammocks of the back patio of the room, to the floats in the pool with the beverage holders, to the babysitter we got so we could go out at night... I'm very impressed, and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Mejosu
Reviewed 11 July 2007

We were suppose to stay for one week- we only ended up staying 4 days and switched hotels. The hotel owners actually LIVE at the hotel, which is not stated on the website- kids are living there too. The hotel is kept closed with a gate and you need a key to enter and exit which is annoying when you are only given one key and there are mulitple guests. Hotel seems racist against locals which is why I left.
The actual hotel grounds are above what you pay for but not worth the stressful time you will have there.
Good if you are in your 60's and go to bed at 8pm. Otherwise, find another hotel!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank iheartcozumel
travelgalmexico, owner and manager at Summer Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2009

This guest and her friend were asked to leave as they were bringing men in after 11 pm at night and house rules are no visitors that are not registered are permitted after this hour.
We are a friendly family oriented place and not a establishment were men are entertained in the middle of the night. Yes we have a keyed entrance and so does each registered guest. They were giving our key to persons not registered and we had to re-key our entrance when they left. I think we were more than patient with these girls.

Reviewed 9 March 2007

We spent 8 fabulous days in Cozumel and felt so at ease and at home at the Summer Place Inn. It is basic accomodation with your own private room and private entrance in a small building where the owner lives. You have access to the pool, pool-side kitchen, BBQ and have your own washroom, shower and share a back patio area. Maid service is provided daily to ensure a refreshed and clean room with the added touch of towels made as swans, flowers etc.

It is in a very quiet area an easy access to nearby mall with a full-service grocery store and a cinema. Owner gave us great tips on local attractions, shopping, and got us a great deal on a rental car with insurance for the week.

Highly recommend staying here if you are looking for peace and quiet and friendly people.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 23 February 2007

We have stayed with the Watts' who own the Summer Place for at least 7 - 8 years and the hospitality has always been great. Mrs. Watts (Henny) is especially helpful arranging for your stay and once you get there she is great about helping you get to where you want to get. She is extremely familar with the island and can help you with car rentals, diving, etc. We had our 40th wedding anniversary while recently in Cozumel and they were kind enough to provide us with a beautiful arrangement of flowers as a complimentary gift.

The Summer Place is about 2 blocks off of the main drag and is very near to a large market which can provide you with almost anything that you will need. They have bicycles available for guests. There is maid service each day and Mrs. Watts goes to great lengths to make sure things are clean and guests are satisfied. They have a very nice pool which is great to have available after being out and about during the days you spend in Cozumel. It is advertised as a Bed and Breakfast, but they also have the facilities that would allow one to cook meals if they so desire.

Based upon our experience, I do not hesitate to recommend The Summer Place to anyone who would like to have a nice clean place to stay and have the accommodations that they have available.

Bill Manship, Colorado, USA.

Stayed: February 2007