“Best of Cozumel”
Review of Summer Place Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Summer Place Inn
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I have stayed with Henny and Jon many times . Their son James sometimes helps oversee the property with his two lovely children . His girls are a delightful experience to visit with.
The rooms are always spotlessly clean and cheerfully decorated. They have small refrigerators to stock your own drinks and food needs. Henny and James have both helped me many times with special situations and needs within Cozumel . They have always been respectful of Cozumel locals. I owe them many thanks.
The Inn has a covered kitchen and dining area overlooking the pool for making your own meals and relaxation. Henny will stock the refrigerator with what you desire for making breakfast at the pool. Located within easy walking distance to San Miguel ( town) the Inn also has bicycles for use. The bicycles are a great way to explore town and the sandy beaches nearby.
Many of us have continued to visit each and evey year to stay at the Summerplace Inn Cozumel.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 April 2008

This place is brilliant.

The owner is so helpful and can advise you on the places to eat and places to go.

The rooms are clean and tidy and have huge beds!

There is an outdoor kitchen which is handy for breakfast and a pool with loungers if you want to relax after a day out.

The hotel is not right in the centre but is only a 10 min walk or 2 min taxi. It's safe to walk around at night.

If you want to stay in Cozumel this place is a hidden gem!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoyCornwall
Reviewed 18 April 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Summer Place Inn the last week of March; Henny and Jon were great hosts. What a lovely spot; easy to get to from the ferries. Absolutely immaculate. So relaxing by the pool. Loved the open kitchen for breakfasts...and making some of our evening meals. With the market one block away we purchased fresh shrimp and barbecued....it was also such a great walk to all the downtown shops, nighlife and great restaurants. Very helpful in assisting us with the rental of a car - we had such fun driving the island and checking out the beaches on the other side. Walked to some great snorkelling places....we will be back! Thanks for such a great holiday

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sandandsun88
Reviewed 25 January 2008

I have known James and Henny for quite a while. Around 8 years. And I have never heard one prejudiced thing come out of either of their mouths. They are some of the most wonderful, kind and loving people!

I am shocked that someone would say they are prejudice against locals! I know for a fact that they do not believe in this kind of rude thinking.

The Inn is beautiful, and the people are amazing.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank Prime-image
Reviewed 12 November 2007

Henny and Marisa were wonderful hosts! My husband, infant son and I stayed at Summer Place Inn for a week. During our stay my husband needed to work via the internet, he at first had trouble connecting but Henny quickly and efficiently fixed the problem. She and her staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs and especially welcoming with my one year old son.
The location is just on the south end of town and we found it a very nice walk into the center of everything. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with 'home style' charm. The common area kitchen worked great for us and was fully accommodating with juices, bread, cereals and eggs.
The pool area and garden are very relaxing and we were even offered ripe coconut from the trees. Overall it is a wonderful value and a refreshing option to the sterile hotel environment
On a side note, my husband lost his ring and when we stopped back by to see if Henny had found it, she had gone to the trouble of taking apart the bathroom sink to look for it!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank mshaffer
Reviewed 16 October 2007

just read an interesting comment from iheartcozumel.usa. I actually have stayed at summer place inn several times and I HAVE TO comment on the remark about summer place being prejudiced against the locals. I could not find anything further from the truth. In fact, I met some really nice local people through the owners, (their names are Henny and James) and I intend to visit with them again when I go in January. The comment bothered me enough to write my own review.I don't know what the situation was there, but I am pretty suspicious of the comments. The place is a QUIET RESTFUL place for people who do not come to Mexico simply to get drunk and party and I have a sneaking suspicion that is what happened. If partying is what you want to do then go for it. But any person with the least bit of thought could see that Summer Place Inn is not a party all night place but an authentic Mexican retreat and THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT SOMETIMES and have come to expect when they go there. If I go to Summer Place Inn I do not want to listen to a bunch of drunk tourists all night -- that is what the Carlos and Charlie's is for. The gate being locked at night is for the guests security. You get a key when you arrive and can come and go as you please. That's the way most people would like it. And by the way, I'm not in my 60's not even close. My suggestion to iheartcozumel is to investigate where you intend to stay a little better next time.

Stayed: November 2006
3  Thank cozumelangel
Reviewed 16 August 2007

I've stayed in a number of places in Cozumel since I live only a few hours away, and Summer Place is by far my favorite. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated and even had a comfy fold-out cushion/mattress for my 1-year-old daughter. From the hammocks of the back patio of the room, to the floats in the pool with the beverage holders, to the babysitter we got so we could go out at night... I'm very impressed, and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family