“Thieves!”

Add it.
Cozumel Go-Carts
Ranked #7 of 7 Fun & Games in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: A fun go-cart complex featuring miniature race cars.
Berkeley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thieves!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Why oh why didn't I check TripAdvisor first. We were in the middle of picking our car up when I read the reviews and learned exactly how the scam works, which is what they were in the middle of doing to us. Tried to double charge us for insurance, tried to give us an undriveable wreck of a beetle. Wasted most of our day dealing with them, the car situation and then spent part of my morning getting the $378 mystery charge taken off my credit card. What really gets me is the guy named Efran in Playa del Carmen who roped us into this scam. He put stickers on us that we realized later made us walking rubes.

The other thing is, if you don't dive, Cozumel is gross. Go to Tulum instead.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Anna R

Sierra Madre, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Island Choppers Scooter Rental”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This rating is for Island Choppers Scooter Rental

ok, so we got suckered into a package deal on the pier for the ferry for: 1.5 hours of "glass bottom" boat snorkeling, 5 hours of scooter rental and roundtrip ferry transportation. The cost was 63 dollars per person and included one scooter for both of us.

Picking up the scooter was a little sketchy. The package deal included liability and they wanted to sell us extra insurance. Also, I think they charged $3 US dollars for taxes upon pick up. I declined the additional insurance and the owner said ok, but I'll have to buy a replacement if anything happens. They look for damage before you take off and tell you to bring it back on a full tank.

I drive a 49cc scooter every day for my work commute so I'm used to driving these things. The one we got was pretty old but it got us around the island and went pretty fast. I'm not sure how fast since the speedometer was broken but I would guess 50-55 miles per hour. I thought maybe they would charge me for the broken speedometer since I wasn't aware it wasn't working when we left but upon return everything was fine. We filled up at the gas station a couple blocks away and there were no additional charges. When we returned they opened the gas tank to make sure it was full but at the start they didn't do this. I would recommend looking inside the tank before you leave to make sure you are actually starting off with a full tank.

We saw a scooter accident in town which looked pretty bad. Would I recommend this place to my friends? Probably not. For me, it turned out to be OK and I got to see many spots around the island that I wouldn't have been able to see without the rental. It's nice to be able to hop on and off the scooter without having to worry about finding parking spots.

Visited October 2013
Midland, TX
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Dont rent a scooter from ISLAND CHOPPERS”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Reneted a scooter from Island Choppers. Scooter broke down 1 hour into the trip. No cell service on back side of Island. We where told that they are not responsible for mechanical failures and would not refund our money.

21 Thank metrotxex