“A very nice hideaway in town.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kondesa Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 359 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Texas, United States
“A very nice hideaway in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Great service and food in a tropical setting. Daniel gave us a nice history of the place, and explained the menu selections.

Visited May 2013

“Unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Kondesa is like an oasis in the desert! From the second you meet the sweet hostess on your way into paradise you are so comfortable and pleased. The food is incredible; the wait never missed a beat. Daniel, the manager was helpful, attentive and truly added to the air of hospitality. Don't miss this stop on your Cozumel retreat.

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
“Wow, wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Little bit of heaven where you least expect it. My local dive shop told me about this place, fresh food , great service, worth it. Guacamole trio fab! After staying at an all inclusive and thinking I was dying of food yuck, wanted to know the breakfast menu...

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good dining option if you are in Cozumel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Nice local food, tried with my wife the guacamole trio , 2 tuna main courses , one big sangria pitch and a churros for dessert :) we ended at 750 pesos, good price for that food quality
Everything was very tasty , the service is also great they will make their best to please you
I have for example just euro to pay, the owner was very friendly and checked the international stock change to give me the correct price even if they take usually just $ or pesos , thanks again!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Henri E
Veresegyhaz, Hungary
“There's a reason it's number 1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

We went back to Cozumel for our 5th or 6th visit and stayed two weeks again. We had heard that Kondesa was great, but there are so many really good restaurants in Cozumel, that it's hard to get to all of them. We have eaten in most of the really good places, and in many little family places that do not cater to tourists, so we have quite a lot of experience. Kondesa is really great for all the right reasons. The greeter was friendly and polite. She gave us a sheltered table, out of the wind (predicted wind speed for Friday night was 50+ KPH and the trees were shaking). I have trouble reading small print in dim light and a waiter was there immediately with a small flashlight, making my menu experience easy and painless. I had heard that the Tortilla Soup was good, so I tried that, and it turned out to be wonderful. The catch of the day was tuna, which I had Azteka style, seared. It was a flavor sensation not to be equaled. All 6 guests were served their main dishes simultaneously and everything was hot and beautifully presented. I had the chocolate cake for dessert, which was as good as I've ever had, anywhere. All these superlatives are intentional, I am pretty critical when warranted, but I couldn't find ANYTHING amiss with this place. What's even better, most of the prices were in the $14 or $15 USD per plate range. I read a review earlier in the day which criticized Kondesa for charging "top dollar" for something, but these prices are much lower than I expected, and certainly not "top dollar", given that each dish is individually prepared and presented with such beauty and flair.