“Clean, great hosts, great value”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Swimming Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Francoise...
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada
“Clean, great hosts, great value”
Reviewed 11 February 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Casa Coral in San Miguel for 2.5 weeks in January-February 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The house was spacious and spotlessly clean, and my two young daughters made excellent use of the pool. The garden is lovely, a riot of local verdure and colorful flowers.

The Erosas are wonderful, warm, welcoming, and attentive hosts. On our last night, Mrs. Erosa made and delivered pico de gallo and guacamole for everyone staying at Casa Coral - a most delicious treat! Ariel was waiting for us when we got off the ferry and dropped us at the airport when we left. He came by a couple of times each day to make sure we had everything we needed.

This rental is very competitively priced, and the value for money is hard to beat in my opinion. There is no maid service, but the house is all tile and a quick sweep is sufficient to keep it neat. There is a washer and dryer, which I used to keep our towels and sheets fresh. The water pressure is very, very low, so expect a couple of hours to do a load. Water pressure is good in the shower, but weak in the kitchen, and it takes a long time (over 5 minutes) to get hot water in the kitchen. I have to admit that was my only annoyance, so it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. The house is well appointed with dishes, ustensils, cookware and linens. There are some anomalies - we only had 2 cereal bowls and our neighbours, 2 forks - but I suspect that is more a result of items moving between dwellings than anything else. If you are missing something, I would suggest asking Ariel, and I suspect your wish will be granted very quickly - the Erosas go out of their way to keep their guests happy.

The neighbourhood is quiet and safe, we wandered around everywhere in San Miguel with our two young daughters, day and evening, and certainly never felt threatened. There is an enormous playground two blocks away, and a grocery store at 5 minutes walk. Several excellent and authentic Mexican restaurants are nearby, including La palapa de los abuelos around the corner, La perlita for excellent and well-priced fish and seafood about 10 minutes walk away and Parilla Mission a couple of minutes. The waterfront and main plaza - where the tourists congregate - are about 15 minutes away. There you will find a plethora of shops catering to the tourists, and shopkeepers who are quite persistant in their attempts to draw your business. We preferred to explore the streets and avenues away from the waterfront, those that cater to the locals, and there we found many unique treasures to bring home.

If you don't enjoy being out of your element and are into cruise ships, luxury hotels and all-inclusive resorts, I would not recommend staying at Casa Coral as you will likely be disppointed. However, if you dislike the touristy trendy gigs and would prefer to discover the real Cozumel, then by all means stay at Casa Coral. In addition to a budget-friendly vacation, you will be staying in the heart of a typical Mexican neighbourhood, with an odd assemblage of expensive villas, regular homes, small hotels, numerous corner stores, and run down buildings or abandoned construction projects. Shiny new SUVs compete with ancient heaps - keep your eyes open, the ingenious and creative vehicles are worth a gander. People are busy, and happy. This is not the Cozumel of the waterfront that caters to the cruise ship set, which is exactly what we were looking for, and thorougly enjoyed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the authentic feel of the neighbourhood
Liked least: the poor water pressure in the kitchen and laundry room - really minor
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
El42
Victoria, Canada
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 7 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

We really enjoyed our stay and felt right at Casa Coral. The home clean and with all the comforts of home. Our kids enjoyed the pool and the Wifi. The Erosa family are great hosts and made sure we had everything we needed. The house could benefit from a few more dishes and utensils, but we had all the necessary items and the laundry was a bonus. We particularly were grateful for Ariel picking us up and taking us back to the ferry. The home is centrally located, close to the grocery store and restaurants (Parrilla Mission Cozumel was one of our favorites). We look forward to a return visit and would definately recommend Casa Coral for families or couples looking for a great vacation home in Cozumel!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
BC
Reviewed 3 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

People with disabilities
Ohio
Reviewed 2 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
jamnkats
Quintana Roo, Mexico
“great place and location”
Reviewed 18 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

i was a little put off by the earlier review stating this house was in an "underprivileged" area of Cozumel because honestly, I don't think I've seen that part of Cozumel, unless it was a maya village, so I was a little worried on the trip over. We live on the mainland and are just a ferry ride from Cozumel. I was very happy to find that the location is simply a normal Mexican neighborhood - like any neighborhood in any smaller town. I have 9yo and 11 yo girls and 15 and 17 yo boys and the girls and boys had no problem walking around the neighborhood and popping down to Soriana for supplies or taking the dog for a walk.

We came over to preview the Ironman bike course and will come back in September so I can preview the run course. But even if we didn't have the Ironman as an excuse, we'd find a way to pop over to Ariel's houses. They are very clean (but for some reason we had no maid service) and beautifully decorated and furnished. There is a nice grassy area and lovely pool that Ariel's dad (who is also called Ariel) cares for.

The location is perfect for walking down to the malecon, to 65th for food or 30th for grocery shopping. We felt very safe there - as did our kids - and will be back. In September, to be precise. Also, I was very concerned about internet as I needed it to be able to work and I was very happily surprised when Ariel's dad tracked down the password late at night and called me with it so I would be able to work early the next morning. Now that is SERVICE! :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location, cleanliness, full kitchen, pool
Liked least: no maid service
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing