US$212
  • Breakfast included
Hotel B Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$137
  • Breakfast included
Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$129
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$564
US$495
2,672 results
All reviewsseaside grillel patioportofino restauranttortuga barda mariojuan carlosdive housepaddle boardsocean frontfishmarket cafepizza placeentertainment staffbeach barnachosmain poolbring water shoes
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Stayed 7 nights in Aug 2017. I like to stay to the south near the dive sites and have stayed at a couple other resorts in the area.

Rooms - had Suite with double beds, very nice size rooms, nicely decorated, nice bath. Looks like building has been updated fairly recently. Layout of the resort means you are never far walk from the beach. A/C worked great, probably best and quietest we have had. Shower worked good and hot water took a minute, but got job done.

Grounds - Very nice landscaping and updated walkways in north end of property. Little too much barren concrete at the lobby/main pool area for my taste. Not quite as pretty as some others. Still some construction underway on far north end near couple (currently closed) restaurants.

Beach - lots of nice sand, plenty of loungers, pretty good amount of shade with trees and palapas. Kinda rocky when go out into water but you can use shoes.

Activities - they put a lot of effort into activities, beach and pool gems, kids club, and something fun almost every night by main pool. Really fun atmosphere for kids and young adults. If looking for peace and quiet can still find a spot.

Food/drink - Covered all the bases but nothing that really made us say Wow. Only 3 restaurants open, plus the frequent open air dinner buffets so had to re-run a little, Convenient bars across the property but no swim up.

Pools - fun active main pool near lobby, bar, and couple restaurants. Also another pool thats a little quieter

Of course the Sabor has their share of hilarious mis-adventures common to any Caribbean vacation, (Unexpected short water outage just when you really want to take a shower - HA!), but don't let that ruin your groove. In general good solid resort. But personal preference would probably go back to one of the others.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank R9152FYscottk
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My husband and I recently returned from cozumel and had a great time overall! Part of this had to do with our excursions booked outside of the resort and just the fact that we were able to do a last minute getaway. We booked through cheap caribbean for 4 days and three nights and it was about 600 per person (flight, accommodations, and food and drinks all included! We couldn't pass up the deal. We arrived at the resort, received a drink and was told our room would be ready shortly. Bellhop took our bags and immediately we were bombarded by a lady trying to get us to take a tour of secrets next door. We declined, we were tired and hungry and just wanted to put down our bags. We then went to get something to eat and drink, and it felt like vacation, the drinks the food and the view! Our room was finally ready after about an hour, I didn't know what to expect but was overall relieved that the place wasn't a dump! It was actually nice. Beds were clean and comfortable, room smelled fresh and clean, it had a nice balcony, and the ac was cool as can be which was great because the heat in cozumel is insane. The bathroom on the other hand was old and needed renovations, drain was old, shower curtain was old, and the lighting was really dim (perhaps to take away from the shortcomings of the property). Refrigerator was stocked with waters, sodas, and dos equis beer. Overall the food is good (not great) and can get redundant, service at the bars and restaurants impeccable though, and the beach and snorkeling (included) were absolutely fantastic!! We were pleasantly surprised with the night life. Ther were fire shows, live performances and even karaoke! The club was jumping at 11pm and beyond! I read that nightlight was non existent, not true! we had a ball! Now here comes something you may not want to hear, our water cut off three times while we were there, but it was rectified within about 10-15 minutes, this caught me off guard! More on food...I loved the nachos, the fish ceviche, and the ability to check out secrets next door. We had some of their food when they were serving on the beach. We fell in love with one of the servers named Yaris, at sea side grille, she was a sweetheart and kept the wine flowing! Omelettes were good at breakfast but go to the pizza restaurant if you can for breakfast because lines can get long and you can still order an omelette at the pizza restaurant for breakfast. It was hard for us to request a refill of water bottles, I finally went to the front desk and demanded water, because I was dehydrated and they apologized and immediately gave us waters. Last but not least, I thought I was tripping, but a member of the cleaning staff stole my strapless bra. I read another review when I returned home and saw that there was petty thieving happening and unfortunately I too fell victim. Whatever though! My husband and I had an amazing time overall because we're just happy go lucky people and we were glad to escape reality for a great vacation...but chances are we won't use this resort again unless our budget is really really tight! I think it's kind of messed up and unsanitary that someone would steal underwear! Anywho! Thanks for a memorable vacation sunscape, your staff overall is friendly and your beach and snorkeling are absolutely amazing, and your club was liiiiiit!!!!. I hope you generate enough income to make renovations to your property!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nicole c
SeaczEconcierge, Management area at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hello Mrs. nicole c

Thank you for sharing your words with us.

It is obvious that we failed to meet your expectations on several points; You did not enjoy your recent visit with us and are very concerned to read that your experience did not live up to our usual level of service.

With this said, we look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you back on a renewed opportunity to redeem your confidence our resort and service.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My sister had her wedding ceremony at the resort and everything was absolutely perfect! The resort is gorgeous, plush and sits right on the crystal clear blue water. Above all, the service we received was outstanding. Every single person that we encountered was very friendly. Our wedding planner had everything in order when we arrived from food in the bridesmaids and groomsmen's room to the minister being perfectly prepared for the ceremony. The event went off without a hitch! The food and drinks at the wedding reception were divine and the DJ was great! I would strongly recommend this resort for a wedding or simply a vacation stay as many of our family stayed at the resort for the weekend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank gradgirl11
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Upon arrival the bell hop was very nice and they greeted us with cold juice while we checked in. We were presented with bogus "coupons" to use on their massages which were outrageously priced. The entrance to the resort is very misleading. The food is sub par and not much variety. Do not order a hamburger at El Patio. I doubt its beef. The wait staff seems unhappy and annoyed (with the exception of a few). Our A/C broke and was never fixed the whole time. Our sons room had water leaking from their A/C and soaked their suitcase full of clothes. There was a steady stream of ants along our bathroom mirror and on our coffee station counter. Dirty dishes were rarely taken away and I never got fresh coffee mugs. I might go again for the clear water and pretty fish...if it was free.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer G

Hello Jennifer G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our resort.

We value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important to us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

While we understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, we do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us. Please contact us directly at info.seacz@secretsresorts.com to take care of your next reservation.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my family. There were 10 of us in 4 rooms. None of us will be back. There are only 3 restaurants for the entire resort. Only one of the 3 is open for breakfast. There is no room service. Plan on waiting for seating and waiting for all of your meals. Be ready to be assertive in order to actually get a table. We properly placed our name with room number on the list just to have others walk in after and claim a table without using the hostess. The food was poor-fair. In order to have your fridge restocked, you have to call the front desk at least 3 times per day. If you are taking children with you, take snacks!

When we arrived, there were dirty dishes, literally a plate with a half eaten hamburger on it, in front of our door and about 30 dirty drinking glasses in front of our children's door. The next afternoon, we removed the drinking glasses ourselves. The plate remained until we alerted the front desk in person. This would have been the 4th time we reported the rubbish.

There are no elevators. When we arrived we were given a room with 2 full sized beds. When we requested the room we had reserved, one with a king bed, we were moved to the third floor. The building our room was in was some distance from the main part of the resort. We packed a bag daily in order to have the time-wasting walk back to the room throughout the day.

In front of the resort, there was a burned out VW and piles and piles of trash.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gina H

Dear Gina H,

We appreciate the time that you have invested in writing an overview of your stay with us.

There seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circumstances, we can only renew our apologies and assure you that we have in the meantime briefed the team at great length of your comments.

Regarding the food options, as you could see we are working on updating one for our 4 restaurants, it is going to be ready soon.

We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay.