My husband and I have stayed at Park Royal several times over the last few years. It definitely has some pros and cons. I think overall it is a great value. If I wanted to do a quick, short, cheap, trip, then I would go Park Royal.
Location for Park Royal is very good. You are close to town so it is inexpensive to hop in a cab and grab dinner or go shopping.
This resort is very very clean. I have never had any complaints about the cleanliness of the resort itself or our rooms.
It does have three pools to choose from. Two face the beach and one is a garden view. The garden view pool seems to be where the kiddos swim, so I've never gotten in. We generally hang out at the pools facing the ocean. You get to admire the ocean view, while chilling in the pool and not swallowing salt water.
The food is okay. I have stayed in other all inclusives that had much better food and wine selections, but they are more expensive. In other words, you get what you pay for.
It does have a small beach area that is great for snorkeling. However, if you are wanting a big expansive beach to go walk down, this is not the place for you. You want to stay further down the island.
We have stayed at several all inclusives in Cozumel and some near Playa Del Carmen. We love Cozumel because of the area off of the resorts. Our favorite thing to do is rent scooters and go all around the island. We refer to it as "Scooter Tour" and it is a blast! There are some small hole in the ball bars on the side that does not face Cancun. We also have found some stellar restaurants outside of the resort we love. If you want to venture off of the resort, feel comfortable driving, and try out some restaurants, go Cozumel. If you want to stay at the best resort and never leave then you may have better luck with the Cancun, Playa Del Carmen area.
We heart Cozumel it is one of our favorite places!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the award-winning architecture and the interior design of Grand Park Royal Cozumel; its Mayan touch that lives together with the nature that surrounds it will captivate you. From the pools, Jacuzzis and bars, you will be amazed with the turquoise shades of the sea. You will also be delighted with a wide range of gastronomic options including seafood and international specialties. Immerse yourself in an incredible submarine adventure by practicing diving and snorkeling in the world’s second biggest reef. Our activities program and nightly shows are ideal for enjoying in family. Fun is guaranteed! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cozumel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico