My husband and I took our 2 girls (12 and 9) to Park Royal Feb 12-20, 2004.
The hotel accommodated us perfectly with a 2 bedroom hotel room that was very clean. The beds were all twins and very comfortable, not hard as some reviews have mentioned. The hotel pool was nice but water was cold. Their beach was very small. The kids pool was enclosed with 2 small slides. Pick up your towels first thing as they tended to run out later on.
This was our first all inclusive with kids. Breakfast was the best meal as it was buffet style with the usual foods. Lunch could be eaten in the buffet again or at the pool bar. Dinner was either the buffet again or a small restaurant. The problem was the food at night was similar to day and it never changed. The restaurant was nice but out of the 7 days we were there were only able to get a reservation for our last night. Book this before 7am or earlier for that night - it fills up FAST and they don't take reservations for the following night.
The website promised entertainment every night. We only had a show 2 nights.
Rent a jeep from the hotel lobby and drive the island. There are some very nice beaches and restaurants. This is a cruise ship port so sometimes the town gets very busy.
The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous and we felt very safe. Despite the very rainy and cool weather (we only had 2 days of sun), we had a great vacation and would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico