“Service with a Smile”

Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Saint John, Indiana
“Service with a Smile”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A beautiful resort with employees to please.. I could not say enough about the service we received at the hotel, restaurants, and bars. They truly made me feel pampered . They had a buffet with plenty to offer for every pallet. A little fine dinning in the Mexican Steakhouse or the Italian Restaurant. either fine dinners had mouth watering dishes that melted in your mouth. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were average, but comfortable. The pools were clean and well maintained . Definitely enjoyed. the swim up bars and tasty snack bars. A very nice private beach sitting between 2 of the pools. A very clean relaxing environment. If it is to costly to fly direct there is a cheap flight from Cancun to Cozumel for around $ 60 U.S. dollars. .Alraedy booked a return trip in a few months.`

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nancy610_67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bat Yam, Israel
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Me and my wife been there for a couple of days, the rooms are very basic and not looks so good, but most of the time you are not in the room at all so it's OK.

The 2 pools on the beach are amazing and with the snack bar and the open bar- we just stayed there all day.
There are no so many youngsters there so the activities during the day are pretty poor. and as mentions before- The internet is not included and there in no wifi on the beach area.

The location- like any others good hotels in this island are driving distance from the center.

Last thing- for some reason when we stayed there was no hot waters in the room and the air condition was not working for couple of hours in all the hotel.

Room Tip: The Italian restaurant (need to make a reservation, but it's free ofcourse) is great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shem M
Menasha, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in February 2013, went well. My travel partner worries about getting sick in Mexico and he didn't on this trip so when we went back he didn't want to change a thing. We made reservations in April for a November stay, bringing 2 other couples with us.

I have 2 major disappointments. Despite making a request 8 months in advance that we have rooms near each other, that didn't happen. We got a very nice email stating our request was received but that's it. Not only were we not on the same floor, we weren't even on the same end of the building. One of their 2 buildings was closed due to low occupancy and rooms on the entire first floor were being worked on, so I don't think they were too full to accommodate our request.

The second problem was the push to sell time shares. When we stayed in February maybe they were too busy to notice, otherwise they have ramped up pressure on the staff that sells time shares. I don't mind being asked once, but it became a DAILY nuisance, so much so that I would avoid walking through the lobby or certain parts of the property where I knew they were sitting. They start the conversation innocently enough too, "what are you doing today", "what can I help you with" but then its hard to get away. I felt like I had to be downright rude. I speak Spanish and can get around fairly easily in Mexico, I feel bad for those who get wrapped up in this conversation thinking they are getting legitimate concierge services.

Otherwise a great property. We chose it initially for the little bit of sandy beach that it has (one of the few in Cozumel, fairly close to downtown action). The group was happy with food choices, staff were pleasant and eager to please and the property is kept very clean.

2 Thank ViJWo
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Park Royal from Nov 8-15, 2013. Too bad it was rainy season (our mistake), because the hotel and pool areas were beautiful. We were able to make the best of it by taking tours (snorkeling; submarine; chocolate making etc.) and did get a couple days at the pool. The food at the buffet was average, but the Italian Restaurant was fabulous! The sales people were around, but after the 'presentation' on the second day, they left us alone. The room was very nice (1 bedroom suite) and spacious. We would return in a different season!

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom suite on the 8th floor at the very end of the main building. View of the cruise...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Art D
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Park Royal for our honeymoon. Luckily we got a voucher from livingsocial, had we paid full-price we would have been a bit disappointed. The TravelAdvisor people in the lobby will chase you down which was quite annoying especially since we would tell them we weren't interested and they would continue to follow us through the resort. We just wanted to relax on a beach, we werent interested in activities. We pretty much avoided that area most of our trip. We did not receive a king size bed as requested for our honeymoon but did not give too much of a stink about it. Also, we had to ask for the other perks included in our voucher but that's ok too. The beds were very firm but I found them comfy, the rooms are on the small side.
Good things: the food was delicious, we really enjoyed the buffet and the Italian restaurant. The snack bar was convenient as well. We kept feeling as though the bar staff was expecting tips and noticed that after our first day they paid less and less attention to us and weren't as friendly and the drinks were weaker. We were advised that we were not supposed to tip (via the voucher and also front desk staff), so we were confused on that.
The snorkeling was awesome, we "rented" snorkel gear (basically just give them your ID and they give you the gear for an hour). I would advise buying or bringing an underwater digital camera, such a great investment.
It was pretty cool to see the cruise ships docked and we met some really cool cruise ship entertainers while we were there. The mall that is next door was just kind of okay. Nothing too special.
Wifi is not free, the gym is not free, and the phones they have for international calls require you to purchase their phone cards and some of the phones are not in perfect working condition (I wasted 100 pesos calling my mom-- the phone was broken and she couldnt hear me).
To use the gym it costs $5 a day. The treadmills in the gym were broken, but we used their weights and elliptical. They have a "spa" and we chose to do both the private steam room and private jacuzzi. Very relaxing!
Overall, it was a nice first leg of our honeymoon trip but Im very happy that we scheduled a couple days in cancun as well.

Overall: It

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica W
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Great value for the money as an all inclusive but annoying sales reps everywhere. We stayed here from the 17th to the 20th, I total agree with all the other comments on here. Thanks to them I was prepared for this onslaught, and boy do they spread it on thick. I forgot who it was on here that said they had to get upset in order for them to stop pushing time share but thanks, I mentioned that to our "concierge" and guess what! He left us alone the entire three days we were there. A matter of fact as soon a he knew we were a lost cause he didn't even walk us to our room, he pointed to the building our room was in said walk down the stairs follow the path on the right and you should be fine, lol! Oh well a small price to pay for piece of mind. Food is average but nothing ever bad, I drank copious amounts of beer awesome pools just to bad the adults only rule wasn't enforced at the deck pool Thanks for the advice TA

1 Thank Michael T
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Overall this was a nice hotel and most of the recent reviews that I read on here were spot on. The food in the restaurants on site were better than the buffet areas. I've never stayed at an all inclusive but we felt that we got what we paid for. The gym was very nice and I loved the pool area. Th best way to describe the way the hotel operated was that it was similar to being on a cruise ship. My only gripe that I had was that they kept pushing for us to get our "welcome packet", which really was a 90 minute (takes longer than that) pitch on getting you to join their vacation club (similar to timeshares pitches). We kept avoiding it but they hounded us everyday and even called our room inquiring about it. Most annoying. I recommend on the first day you just say you are not interested.

Overall, great place and we would go back. I should have read the reviews on here and took heed.

2 Thank Cecil D