We stayed there for only 1 night, sadly. We booked our stay through Cheaptickets for $150 for 2 people, all inclusive.
Check in was easy. We took a taxi from the ferry for 80 pesos. Don't fall for the guy trying to sell you a rental car if you plan on staying in the hotel for most of the time. It is not worth it. It was annoying to be attacked by the so-called concierge people who are actually just trying to get you to join their club. We had it easy, since we were staying for just one night. We just told them we had no time.
We had a garden facing room that was clean and spacious. It had two double beds and a large shower with good water pressure. They provided us with ample toiletries, which was nice, even though we had our own. Our bed was comfortable, clean and nice. We had lots of channels on TV and a nice view of the trees. I found it weird that their shower is glass enclosed being in a room for up to four people...
The food at the buffet is alright, not extraordinary. For breakfast the had basic dishes. They do have an omelette/egg station. They serve fruit, toast, juice, cereal, and a few other things.
For dinner at the buffet it was Asian night. The selection was not very large, but the food was pretty tasty. We stopped by for a small dinner, as we had reservations at the Mexican place. Both times, the service there was ok.
The Mexican place was delicious! We had late night reservations. The food we ordered was deliciously excellent. The flan that has caramel mixed in it is to die for! In addition to your meal, they bring you a plate to share with a little sample of authentic Mexican snacks. It was so cute/tasty! The service there was EXCELLENT!
The food at the snack shops was good too! The one by the beach/pool had the BEST service. They were serving freshly grilled burgers, hot dogs, pizza (the pizza wasn't all that), nachos, a variety of cut up fruit with powdered chile (if you wanted). We had a feast!
We went to see the Pre-Hispanic show. It was blah. I tried hard to enjoy it, but was glad to have to leave for our dinner reservation.
CHECK OUT was easy.The guy at the front desk was polite and friendly. They helped us get a taxi for 80 pesos back to the ferry.
We were there on a VERY, VERY windy/cold day and couldn't enjoy the pool or beach, but it was still beautiful to look at. I think it would have been very nice in nicer weather.
We will be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico