As an RCI member made reservations for two rooms for 7 days. I reservations were for ocean front rooms with a king bed, above the 5th floor and I requested that if possible the rooms be adjoining. The only thing we got was the adjoining. When I questioned the desk clerk he became "almost" rude. He stated to me what I've read on trip advisor from previous reviews. If you are not part of their timeshare company, you do not get any of the good rooms. We were put on the 3rd floor. While we could kind of see the ocean, it wasn't the same as ocean front. The rooms were clean, but well worn and the beds are like sleeping on bricks. The HVAC in one of the rooms wouldn't turn down and it was under 60 degrees in the room. Once we called they did take care of it. The food is ok, they try and have a different type of food each day. The specialty restaurants dress code is a JOKE! I packed long pants, and a dress shirt and my wife wore a dress. We get there and see that we are the only ones meeting the dress code, most are in shorts and t-shirt. I write about this because I specifically called the resort and asked them if the dress code on their website was enforced, and they said it was. Don't pack the extra clothes; go in your shorts and sandals. The pool bar closes 1 hour before the pool closes, not sure why this is but it sure doesn't seem right to me. I would stay here again for two reasons. One, the scuba dive shops will pick you up on the peer next door. Two, the room only cost me $250 for the week and the all inclusive was under $700. There are nicer places to stay in Cozumel, but the all inclusive packages at those places are outrages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico