Just returned yesterday from our family vacation at the Park Royal. We have visited many parts of Mexico and this one I have to say was one of the BEST! I honestly do not have any complaints. This hotel is centrally located about 15 min from the airport, and we were able to access all of our excursions and the downtown shopping area in under 10 min. Cozumel is a small and beautiful island.
ROOMS - perfect size, yes a very, very firm bed but we dealt with it. Our view was garden and didn't expect ocean view because that is not what I paid for when I booked our vacation. The bathroom is a nice but no door - which I found a little strange. The toilet area does have a door.
Our cleaning lady came by every day and was the sweetest woman I've ever met. She works and kept our room very clean!
FOOD - 2 restaurants - Italian and Mexican. Both were delicious but the service at the Italian restaurant was much better. Our servers at the Mexican restaurant did not give us much attention and after about half an hour we had to remind them to bring our food. It wasn't a busy evening either so not sure what was going on there. The delicious food was worth the wait.
BUFFET - it's a buffet so don't expect high end food. We ate there pretty much just for breakfast and bacon and pancakes should be ordered with your waiter. The food is good but again it's a buffet. The pool side food was ok too = burgers, burritos and chicken wings. You'll never go hungry.
ENTERTAINMENT - low key. If you're looking to party this is not the place. The shows are a little cheesy but entertaining enough to pass the time. Hotel was quiet by 11pm
TIME SHARE - it's actually called something else but my husband and I did sit through a information session. It was raining when we arrived so why not? They are not pushy at all - I never felt obligated to commit to anything. The staff was extremely friendly and fulfilled their promises. Agnes and Yatmara are full of information. Whatever you need they go above and beyond to assist you.
CRUISE SHIPS - wonderful to watch them arrive and depart. Definitely a good perk for the hotel.
Overall, it was a wonderful vacation. The staff is attentive and always willing to help. We would DEFINITELY return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Admire the award-winning architecture and the interior design of Grand Park Royal Cozumel; its Mayan touch that lives together with the nature that surrounds it will captivate you. From the pools, Jacuzzis and bars, you will be amazed with the turquoise shades of the sea. You will also be delighted with a wide range of gastronomic options including seafood and international specialties. Immerse yourself in an incredible submarine adventure by practicing diving and snorkeling in the world’s second biggest reef. Our activities program and nightly shows are ideal for enjoying in family. Fun is guaranteed! Live the Grand Park Royal experience in Cozumel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico