First of all, we were a group of 28, but that didn't seem to matter. They treated us more like a nuisance.
Positives: Close to downtown area, very clean, quick taxi service, good Mexican food restaurant, decent snorkeling off the beach and certain staff members were friendly. Oscar and Wilder were great.
Negatives: The beach pool was closed, therefore causing the timeshare users beach pool to be EXTREMELY overcrowded and very warm (as warm as the hot tub). They allow cruise ship guests to come on the property, which caused a major overcrowding issue. Certain staff members were extremely rude and didn't want to provide any help. The Italian restaurant was a mixed within our group. Get the grouper, everything else was almost inedible. Lots of children in the "adult" pool. Constantly trying to sell us timeshares and other items...even after we said "no thank you" over and over again. No warm water in the showers. Karaoke night was a joke - we went and signed up and they ended up playing "crazy karaoke" all night and we wasted our time. NO CHAMPAGNE. My boyfriend and I were so excited to drink mimosas, but alas, no champagne. However, we could buy it, which was comical to us. You had to ask for bacon and they would bring it to you from the kitchen. Buffet food was average, at best. If we went back, which we won't, the Mexican restaurant is great. Eat there every night. The beach is small and very full - again lots of "day pass" folks. Bar didn't open until 11am every morning. No room service. One member of our party found a screw in her waffle, however, the staff was very apologetic and explained that it must have fallen off of the waffle maker, which could really happen to anyone. So, I'd give them a free pass on that. She was just lucky she didn't chip her tooth. Here was my biggest pet peeve....the "boss" at the infinity pool bar cut us off from shots. Nothing else, just shots. I think they just didn't want to give us any more of their tequila. We complained to Omar, which was the bar boss that cut us off and he finally said we could have shots again. They would serve us all the beer and other drinks we wanted, just not shots. It's an ALL INCLUSIVE resort. I could understand if we were drunk and disorderly, but this was not the case. No one was falling down or acting crazy, we were just wanting to enjoy ourselves. They explained to us that providing shots was a liability, but then gave them to us anyway after a lady in our party complained for almost an hour. It was ridiculous. Lastly, you had to pay for the gym, wifi and safe.
So, definitely a 2 in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico