Grand Park Royal Cozumel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hotel Cozumel and Resort(Cozumel)
Scuba Club Cozumel(Cozumel)
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
Safari Inn(Cozumel)
  • Beachfront
4,495 results
All reviewstime sharebikini barthe caribbean restaurantcoconut grouperokie dokiesmall beachmexican and italian restaurantsnachosinfinity poolbeach areasnack barhot watermake reservationsocean viewmain poolper daysales people
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here in July 2014. The hotel is lovely. The beach is a little on the small side, but there was always space available. We spent our days between the beach and by the infinity pool (which was lovely). Cocktails were really good. My favourite was the 'banana monkey'! Food was really good too. There was plenty of choice in the buffet restaurant. The Mexican and Italian restaurants were really, really good (especially the Italian one!). The food was really yummy and the waiters were extremely friendly and efficient (which was surprising due to the way some guests spoke to and treated them - it was appalling. Just so rude). The rooms were quite large and were kept really clean.

There were only 3 small negatives:
Firstly, the only water-sports available at the hotel is snorkelling. Compared to other hotels on the island,they could offer more. However, the issue with the snorkelling is that they only have about 8 snorkels which they let out for an hour a day per person. We went several times, but they were always out. We went one day at 3.05pm to ask if they were back in, only to be told they shut at 3pm. We were advised that snorkels are only available between 10am-3pm! So, we never got chance to do this. I would suggest taking your own snorkel with you if this is something you want to do.
Secondly, avoid Mildred on reception! We booked the hotel hotels.com, which gave us the option of a standard room or sea view room. As it was our 5th wedding anniversary, we opted to pay a bit more for a sea view. I even wrote to the hotel to say we had paid for a sea view and if possible, could we have a very high floor. We were checked in by Mildred who was extremely miserable and had a 'i really cant be bothered attitude' throughout the whole process. I though that she was maybe having a bad day (but turns out she wasnt - she was the same everyday). However, when we checked in and went to the room, our room looked directly at the top of the palm trees - you couldnt see any sea or anything at all. So, we returned to reception and was seen again by Mildred. We explained politely to her that we had paid extra for a sea view room.She said that you can only book a sea view if you book direct with the hotel and that all other sites/travel agents cannot book these rooms. She rudely advised that if we want a sea view, we could pay an extra $50 UDS per person per night. We told her that we had already paid this in our booking, but she refused to honour it or do anything at all. I would understand to a point if the hotel was full, but we were told it was only at 70%. However, we called a few times at reception for various things. All the other staff members were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. It was just Mildred who spoiled our anniversary holiday with not honouring our booking and being so plain rude.
Thirdly, no free safes or wifi.

However, apart from the room issue, we had a lovely time at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Avoid Mildred on check in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RicardodelaPaz2014, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience about your previous stay at Park Royal Cozumel.

We are glad that our staff could assist you with all your needs during your vacation. We also can't wait to receive you again in a near future!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I'm usually a very independent traveler, never tried an all inclusive because I don't want to be tied down. But, I bought a Living Social voucher because I'd never been to Cozumel, heard the water clarity was great for snorkeling, and it was a good deal.
I was very happily surprised. Best features: the beach-snorkeling off the hotel's beach is excellent. I saw a white stingray in about 25' of water. Amazing! The Italian restaurant was very good--I had tuna. Throughout the hotel, the staff was very helpful. The small balcony was nice and had the promised ocean view. parking, for those like me who had a rental car, is free and safe.
The buffet is okay, lots of options, healthy ones, too, and wonderful fruit. Not stellar, though a friend and I didn't feel obligated to only eat there, so we enjoyed meals at other venues around the island.
The most negative occurrence was the "vacation club" pitch. Our fault, I wanted the discount for the Atlantis sub. Yes, high pressure (though we resisted), and tooooo long! The hotel seems to attract a variety of folks: couples, families, diverse nationalities.
The flip side was, when we asked about snorkel trips at the concierge desk, they arranged a trip with Carla (http://www.cozumelsnorkel.com/ : separate TA review). We paid $29 each for the 2 of us--and we were the one tourists on the boat! The hotel staff got us a discount from the regular $35 price.

Room Tip: As others have noted, get a room above the 3rd floor for best views. Ours was on the 3rd floor and was fine-we could see over the palms in the courtyard to the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
PARKCZM, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear guest

We are glad to know you had an amazing time staying at Park Royal Cozumel.

We are pleased to hear how much fun you had during your stay and we are happy to know how much you enjoyed our all-inclusive service. We are thrilled to hear that your first experience at our resort was so great that you think to stay with us again.

We can't wait to receive you in a near future!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

You are asked to wait hours at check in for a room, the pools are way over crowded. The buffet resturant food was gross. Time share salesmen swarming. Very unpleasant experience, asked to change hotels after only three hours on property. Went to the Occidental Grand, very nice.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelley S
PARKCZM, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest

On behalf of Park Royal Cozumel we are sorry for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us.

Feedback such as yours helps us to improve the quality of our services and also understand our guest needs. We´ll pass this information to our management team.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I just got back from my stay at Park Royal two weeks ago. This was my first time in Cozumel and I am so glad I had a great experience with Park Royal! This is an amazing hotel with phenomenal customer service! As soon as we pulled up in our taxi, the bellhops came and got our bags and we were offered a cold drink and cold wash rags (it was VERY HOT when we went). Then we were greeted by an employee who helped us check in. The only downside is they guilt you into signing up to listen to some presentation (at some point during your stay) but we did it so we could get free wi-fi and some other free things. The presentation wasn't bad if you have 90 minutes to spare (it was actually shorter) and they don't pressure you into anything. After we checked in, they showed us to our rooms. The rooms were clean and we had a great view of the streets and some of the ocean. The rooms were an average size which didn't matter to us because we were barely in there but to sleep. The hotel grounds were beautiful and lots of space to walk around. The hotel has a walkway that leads to a private beach only for hotel guests. It was beautiful but it was small beach.So if you want to lay out all day near the beach, this might not be the place for you. Also, the cruise ships stop near the hotel which can at times crowd the hotel. It wasn't bad enough to where we were annoyed or anything though.

Food- There was always some place that was open to eat. Certain places only opened at certain times but you were sure to eat somewhere. There are two restaurants on the grounds that you have to make reservations for but only at certain times. This may be a problem especially if you have plans for the day and won't be back to the hotel in time to make the reservations, but we were able to tell our personal clerk (they assign you someone upon your arrival) to make reservations for us! The two restaurants serve Mexican and Italian food. I thought both restaurants were great. They say you need to dress nice but most people wore whatever they wanted (shorts, jeans, etc.) The food in the hotel was good and there was a lot of variety! It's not the best food I've ever eaten but it was good. I didn't have any complaints.

Entertainment- The hotel advertises that there is nightly entertainment. Our first night we were lucky enough to see the Mayan Show which was great! The nights after that, was just hotel employees putting on competitive games on stage. I was hoping to see more cultural shows, so that was bit of a disappointment. Just a couple minutes walk from the hotel are some small shops and restaurants. A taxi ride to El Centro is $8 and there are several shops down there. I don't know if everyone knows this because I saw many people paying full price for items, but you can haggle with these shop owners and get anywhere from $5-10 off of items! Oh also, there's also a small outdoor mall practically in the hotel itself but most of the stores are pricey and you probably won't be able to haggle in those stores because they are actually businesses.

Overall, this hotel was great and if I ever come back to Cozumel, this is where I will stay! Great hotel and great customer service! Also, the hotel is VERY VERY clean. Someone is always cleaning at all times. Then at night, they clean everything down!! All the beach chairs, the floors, the pool, everything! They even rake the sand!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shia027
RicardodelaPaz2014, Gerente at Grand Park Royal Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

First of all, we were a group of 28, but that didn't seem to matter. They treated us more like a nuisance.
Positives: Close to downtown area, very clean, quick taxi service, good Mexican food restaurant, decent snorkeling off the beach and certain staff members were friendly. Oscar and Wilder were great.
Negatives: The beach pool was closed, therefore causing the timeshare users beach pool to be EXTREMELY overcrowded and very warm (as warm as the hot tub). They allow cruise ship guests to come on the property, which caused a major overcrowding issue. Certain staff members were extremely rude and didn't want to provide any help. The Italian restaurant was a mixed within our group. Get the grouper, everything else was almost inedible. Lots of children in the "adult" pool. Constantly trying to sell us timeshares and other items...even after we said "no thank you" over and over again. No warm water in the showers. Karaoke night was a joke - we went and signed up and they ended up playing "crazy karaoke" all night and we wasted our time. NO CHAMPAGNE. My boyfriend and I were so excited to drink mimosas, but alas, no champagne. However, we could buy it, which was comical to us. You had to ask for bacon and they would bring it to you from the kitchen. Buffet food was average, at best. If we went back, which we won't, the Mexican restaurant is great. Eat there every night. The beach is small and very full - again lots of "day pass" folks. Bar didn't open until 11am every morning. No room service. One member of our party found a screw in her waffle, however, the staff was very apologetic and explained that it must have fallen off of the waffle maker, which could really happen to anyone. So, I'd give them a free pass on that. She was just lucky she didn't chip her tooth. Here was my biggest pet peeve....the "boss" at the infinity pool bar cut us off from shots. Nothing else, just shots. I think they just didn't want to give us any more of their tequila. We complained to Omar, which was the bar boss that cut us off and he finally said we could have shots again. They would serve us all the beer and other drinks we wanted, just not shots. It's an ALL INCLUSIVE resort. I could understand if we were drunk and disorderly, but this was not the case. No one was falling down or acting crazy, we were just wanting to enjoy ourselves. They explained to us that providing shots was a liability, but then gave them to us anyway after a lady in our party complained for almost an hour. It was ridiculous. Lastly, you had to pay for the gym, wifi and safe.

So, definitely a 2 in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
PARKCZM, General Manager at Grand Park Royal Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest

We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us regarding your previous stay at Park Royal Cozumel.

We are sorry if our accommodations did not live up to your expectations, but take feedback such as yours helpful. This allows us to understand the needs of our guests in depth.