super long rant ahead!!!!I don't even know where to begin with this review!!!! I booked my stay 2 months in advance, through booking.com for 2 adults and 2 children and sea view. well let me start by saying that on a run to the mega store in Cozumel, we were approached by a guy named Alex and he talked to us about a tour to the hotel and he would let us have a jeep for 2 days for $45 we explained to him that we were staying at that hotel, the following day and he told us it was no problem, but just not to mention it when we get there (red flag) he told us the presentation would only take 90 minutes and they would also provide breakfast, he even picked us up in a taxi and paid for the cab. So we get there at 9:20 am for the presentation, which we figured we had enough time to check out from our hotel at 12 noon and them come back to park royal and check in here at 3pm. Well as soon as we got there, everyone was super nice and very welcoming, they offered us the breakfast and we opted to skip it, and told the receptionist that we just wanted to go directly to the presentation, since we had to check out from our hotel at noon, at that point I had provided her with my credit card as a form of id, she got a little concerned when she saw I had a marriot rewards card and went to talk to someone,(I don't know what they discussed) she then comes back and tells me if my card belongs to Marriot the hotels and I said yes, she goes away again, this time she doesn't come back, instead Alex the guy from the Mega comes back and tells us, that we cant go to the presentation and gives us our $45 back and said we could get a taxi outside back to our hotel!!! all of the sudden they were not interested in our business, not sure if they thought we had a time share with Marriot or what happened,they were just incredibly rude and didn't care to talk to us from then on. By this point I am so embarrassed and want to get out of there asap, we go to our hotel and pick up our stuff and decide to come back to park royal at around 1pm to speak to someone about the situation and to see if we can check in, reception person was ok he told us we couldn't check in till after 3pm but he could register us, he gave us our bracelets and I told him we would be back, by this point my husband is talking to the manager of the presentations and he tells us, that the reason they didn't want us to do the presentation was because we had mention to them that we had to be out of there by 12 noon (keep in mind we got there at 9:20am , that's over 2 hours of our time!!!) but they felt that was not enough, we told him that the deal was to give them 90 minutes of our time and he said that it didn't work like! so really they expect for you to be there the whole day and if you don't buy they will harass you and at the end not want to give you the gifts they had offered! he told us he could, better the deal and offer the jeep for free and give us the internet for free for our stay of course we didn't accept, like seriously, why would I want to go through a presentation at this point I didn't even want to stay at the hotel!!! so we leave and come back at around 5ish and yes more trouble... the reception tells me she needs my credit card and some form of id for the room charges of $600plus, I told her that booking.com had quoted me $500 and she told me that it didn't include the kids, but my documentation did say 2 adults and 2 kids, she called a guy to help her with the situation and he said there had been a mistake with my quote and they were going to charge me the new quote, I asked him to call again to booking and fix the problem, but he just told me there was nothing he could do and that was the price, I told him I didn't want to pay that, because that was not the deal at that point they just ignored me and basically asked me to leave the premises! I have never been more humiliated in my live, we have travelled so much and stayed at so many hotels, but honestly none like this one! Horrible people, horrible way of treating customers and no customer service at all!!! at the end I counted as a blessing, because we ended up at an impeccable hotel with great customer service and superb staff (which I will review at a later time) Sorry for the rant, but people need to know, please don't stay here, remember you are on vacation and the last thing you need is stress!!!! Save yourself and run as fast as you can from this place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico