We just returned from a trip to Cozumel. It was our first trip to Cozumel and chose the Park Royal mainly based on the value. Overall, our experience was good. The customer service was great. My boyfriend and I got caught in the rain one day and went to lunch without changing first. Eduardo, who I assumed was a restaurant manager of sorts, had warm towels brought to us to cover up in.
Most rooms have two double beds, not the end of the world, but a King would've been better. The beds are firm.
We enjoyed the infinity pool and bar very much. The sports bar was great with the best drinks at the resort. The buffet was not great, but I didn't expect much from a buffet. We did go to the Mexican and Italian restaurants and liked both very much, especially the beef fajitas at the Mexican restaurants. I was here on my birthday and my only disappointment was that they would not make a reservation for us for dinner for my birthday (we did a snorkeling excursion during the day and could not be present at noon to do it ourselves).
There was a good mix of families and couples while we were there. They also have tons of activities on the grounds throughout the day if you want to participate. We snorkeled off the resort a couple of mornings and enjoyed being able to do that as well.
All in all it was a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico