The Park Royal Cozumel Resort is a beautiful, exceptionally clean and well-maintained Mayan-themed resort located on the west side of Cozumel.
I am a part-time travel writer, writing mostly about Washington, DC and spent a 4-day weekend at the Park Royal, and I truly enjoyed my stay. (Check www.thedctraveler.com for my in depth review.)
The hotel is just a 5-minute cab ride to the main shopping and restaurant zona and about 10 to the airport.
My top floor room had a great view of the ocean, cruise ship dock and resort. The property has just about everything a vacationer would want, including 4 pools, lots of bars, a few good restaurants, private beach, fitness center, nightly entertainment, and a delightfully helpful staff.
The resort is all-inclusive, so the price includes all your meals, snacks, beverages (alcohol as well), taxes and tips.
My room was comfortable, airy and nicely decorated, with two comfortable double beds, a small patio outside with a couple chairs and small table, 27” TV, phone, a large walk-in shower, dual vanity, and a large closet with a safe. The rooms employ a nice “eco-green feature” -- slip your key into a wall slot to activate the electricity. When you leave, all the lights are automatically shut off, but not the A/C.
I would have liked to have a clock or clock radio in my room, as well as a luggage stand, and a few additional bathroom amenities. But the 2 bottles of water left by housekeeping each day were a nice touch, even though the resort’s tap water was purified.
To get to the private beach and two infinity pools, walk through the short tunnel and avoid crossing the main road. The property is situated on both sides of Avenue Rafael Melgar, but built in a way that it’s almost not noticeable.
The resort’s 4 pools include two beautiful infinity pools beachside. Each day, free activities are offered from water aerobics to Spanish lessons. I didn’t partake in the activities as I preferred to sit poolside and read, go scuba diving or wander around town. Each of the three adults pools have a swim up bars. The private beach is small, but offers bathers the ability to snorkel or swim. They also had more than enough lounge chairs and towels.
I ate at all three restaurants during my stay and the food was significantly better than any all-inclusive resort I had been to before. The two upscale restaurants (Mexican and Italian cuisine – reservations required, no kids under 12) offered full a la carte dinner menus and truly great food, beautifully presented in a tropical setting. Try the coconut grouper – fantastic!!
Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets are served at the main buffet restaurant (La Veranda). Expect lots of Mexican, Caribbean and American options with the selections changing daily. Again, very good.
All drinks, beer, wine and cocktails are included and the bartenders provided “service with a smile” (and made a darn good margarita too!) One day at lunch the waiter keep bringing me beer after beer when he saw mine was almost finished, until I had to finally had to say “No mas.”
I can’t say enough positive things about the staff. They really provide great service. They seemed to try to anticipate guest‘s needs, not wait until asked. Never once did I experience indifferent service or a long wait.
They have a nice fitness center, but I didn’t use it.
This is also one of the cleanest and best maintained resorts I have ever stayed at.
Bottom line -- The service was great, the staff helpful and friendly, the rooms and grounds very comfortable, the food great and my experience wonderful. On my next trip to Mexico, I will seriously consider some of their other properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico