My fiance, myself and our 28 friends and family went to Park Royal for our wedding. We stayed for 10 days Jan. 8-18. My first experience with the hotel came when I sent an email to a sales manager by the name of Yolanda. With her quick response, charming personality, and utmost professionalism, we chose Park Royal as our wedding destination. It was scary not knowing if you are making the right decision when spending a chunk of money and asking our family to as well, but I have to say, IT WAS A DREAM COME TRUE. The hotel staff, Yolanda, and every single detail was perfect! They took all of my "dreams" and make it come to a reality without me even having to be there. I am OCD and so you can image how hard it was leaving all the details to someone else. I had the most relaxing and amazing experience because they did everything for us.
I would definitely encourage you to check out the hotel if you are planning to marry there. Cozumel Wedding Planner is the wedding planner there and they were fantastic as well.
The ceremony (which we had many respectful onlookers at), the dinner (most amazing steak and salmon EVER), the cocktail party (Beautifully set up beach front), even the little desserts they brought us at night before bed to our rooms...WOW...we were treated like royalty. I have stayed in 8 different ALL INCLUSIVE HOTELS from 3 star to 6 star located in Playa, Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc. I have to say that the Park Royal was the most fantastic of all of them. Our family and friends said it was the BEST VACATION THEY EVER HAD. We even have a special needs nephew who they accomodated every single meal!!!
There were only a few things that were pointed out that were challenges.
1. The showers weren't always super hot.
2. In the morning sometimes you could hear the cruise ship speaker.
3. Children under 12 are not allowed in the Itallian restaurant or the club (sports club 18+)..which made a bit difficult for the reception/dancing, but we had a few nieces that were babysitters :)
4. The beach is a bit small, but it is beautiful and the snorkeling is FANTASTIC. There was never a problem getting a chair on beach or by one of the 2 AMAZING infinity pools.
5. Time share, our group just chose to not participate in this...just tell them no thank you and that's it...they do not bug you about it at all.
6. The kids club doesn't have a lot of kids in it, so the hours seem to vary and the activities fluctuate because there were so few children to participate.
We have already began to discuss our next trip to Park Royal. I recommend working with the hotel directly and talking to Yolanda Trujillo if you are booking a group/wedding package. I was so impressed with her service, we brought her a gift upon arrival. SHE IS AMAZING!
WHAT A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico