“WEDDING DREAMS COME TRUE!!!”

Grand Park Royal Cozumel
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Beaverton
“WEDDING DREAMS COME TRUE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

My fiance, myself and our 28 friends and family went to Park Royal for our wedding. We stayed for 10 days Jan. 8-18. My first experience with the hotel came when I sent an email to a sales manager by the name of Yolanda. With her quick response, charming personality, and utmost professionalism, we chose Park Royal as our wedding destination. It was scary not knowing if you are making the right decision when spending a chunk of money and asking our family to as well, but I have to say, IT WAS A DREAM COME TRUE. The hotel staff, Yolanda, and every single detail was perfect! They took all of my "dreams" and make it come to a reality without me even having to be there. I am OCD and so you can image how hard it was leaving all the details to someone else. I had the most relaxing and amazing experience because they did everything for us.
I would definitely encourage you to check out the hotel if you are planning to marry there. Cozumel Wedding Planner is the wedding planner there and they were fantastic as well.
The ceremony (which we had many respectful onlookers at), the dinner (most amazing steak and salmon EVER), the cocktail party (Beautifully set up beach front), even the little desserts they brought us at night before bed to our rooms...WOW...we were treated like royalty. I have stayed in 8 different ALL INCLUSIVE HOTELS from 3 star to 6 star located in Playa, Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc. I have to say that the Park Royal was the most fantastic of all of them. Our family and friends said it was the BEST VACATION THEY EVER HAD. We even have a special needs nephew who they accomodated every single meal!!!
There were only a few things that were pointed out that were challenges.
1. The showers weren't always super hot.
2. In the morning sometimes you could hear the cruise ship speaker.
3. Children under 12 are not allowed in the Itallian restaurant or the club (sports club 18+)..which made a bit difficult for the reception/dancing, but we had a few nieces that were babysitters :)
4. The beach is a bit small, but it is beautiful and the snorkeling is FANTASTIC. There was never a problem getting a chair on beach or by one of the 2 AMAZING infinity pools.
5. Time share, our group just chose to not participate in this...just tell them no thank you and that's it...they do not bug you about it at all.
6. The kids club doesn't have a lot of kids in it, so the hours seem to vary and the activities fluctuate because there were so few children to participate.
OVERALL,
We have already began to discuss our next trip to Park Royal. I recommend working with the hotel directly and talking to Yolanda Trujillo if you are booking a group/wedding package. I was so impressed with her service, we brought her a gift upon arrival. SHE IS AMAZING!
WHAT A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank crystalboles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

Myself and 4 other guest stayed at this hotel January 20 - January 23 and we have no complaints. We were all amazed at the amount of time that the hotel staff spent cleaning. This hotel by far was the cleanest hotel that I have ever stayed in. The food was awesome, the staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

Every day the sidwalks were bleached and scrubbed, the marble floors in the lobby were cleaned numerous times a day. This hotel has a huge amount of glass used as dividers and never did I see a dirty spot on any of it. I was absolutely blown away by the time and care that was spent on the grounds and room cleanings.

From the buffets to the two on site restuarants they were all awesome and I plan on returning many times in the future!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

Our second trip to the Park Royal Cozumel was another pleasant experience. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate this time, but your friendly staff made our stay most pleasurable. We were sorry to see one less restaurant on the grounds and wish there was more to do on bad weather days. But, overall, your resort is a beautiful facility - very clean, safe, and friendly.

• Stayed January 2011
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

My boyfriend and I reviewed a lot of places before we picked the Park Royal in Cozumel and we couldn't have been happier. There were some negative reviews about this hotel but all of the things others said were bad were definitely not.

The food was very good at all of the locations at the resort - the Italiano and Mexicano which both required easy reservations were wonderful. All of the staff we extremely nice and helpful. We never experienced the dreaded 'time share' talk from anyone - some hotel staff asked a few times if we wanted to check out any excursions or day trips locally, but that was helpful. The rooms were nothing spectaculer but they were very clean and well kept. The pools were great and so was there smaller beach which lead you out to a really nice cove you could snorkel in. It is right by the cruise ship docks but I never found that an issue (met some really nice people from the cruise ships!).

It is a short cab ride to the airport and to the downtown area which was really nice to go into town one night for dinner. We were there in mid-January, so there wasn't much for nightlife at this time but we weren't really looking for that too much. Across at the mainland is where to go for that.

We went on the Jeep Tour around the island which was really fun! It was a good mixture of activities for a one day trip. The snorkeling at the Chankanaab park was really nice - I was a first timer so it wasn't too intense. If you are looking to spend any longer amount of time at any of the places on the tour I would reccomend going seperately as you don't stay too long. But the tour picks you up right from the lobby and drops you back off there too.

Overall we had a fantastic time here! I would definitely reccomend this to anyone looking for a nice relaxing vacation!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

Our family of 4 spent a week at the Park Royal over Christmas. We ended up choosing Cozumel because of the direct flights from Denver and because of the value. Hotels in playa were much more expensive and Cancun is too much of a party area.

The hotel was wonderful. We spent most of our time by the beach and at the pool near the volleyball court. There was great snorkeling directly in front of the hotel and the kids enjoyed seeing the various cruise ships float into and from the pier.

The all inclusive option is definately the way to go. The kids filled up on burgers from the grill while the adults enjoyed unlimited beer, sangria and vodka punch. The food in the buffett was good, we always found something to eat. My favorite was the made to order omelettes and the soups at lunch and dinner. The Italian and Mexican restaurants are also good. We at breakfast and lunch at the hotel and usually went to town for dinners.

The grounds and room were sparkling clean and everyone we encountered was really friendly. We did the promotion and visited the vacation program (formerly time share), It took an hour, was not a high pressure sales environment, and we ended up with discounts for scuba diving and the fury catamaran so it was definately worth it for us.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Cozumel with kids. It's a short distance to town and in walking distance to shopping at the cruise ship pier. Family friendly enviroment, lots of planned poolside activities, laid back atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2011

We were offered a deal to spend the day as all inclusive guests here if we attended a tour and sales presentation, in the past I've always refused to take part in these types of things, I wish I had taken my own advice this time. When we refused to buy a time share from the salesman he had his boss try to wear us down, then he had his boss try, when we still refused to buy they were extremely rude and treated us as if we were their worst enemies, I would never ever buy anything from evil greedy people like them!

The resort is very nice, the rooms we were shown were beautiful, the beach was small and the ocean view was obscured by a cruise ship. The sand is full of chunks of coral and there is even more as you walk in the water. We didn't feel welcome so we didn't even try the buffet, we hung out on the beach and had a few beers before leaving.

I would never ever set foot on this property again!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 154914Traveller
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

My wife and I have been to dozens of All-inclusives and we have a pretty good idea of what to expect given the price of the resort and such. Overall this resort was a good value. The food was really not that great but we had two main complaints. One, they have only three restaurants, one of which children have to be at least 12 to enter, taking us down to two for the week. I've been to other all-inclusives that had an adult only restaurant, but there were 6 or 7 other restaurants to choose from. The second complaint was the big slap in the face. We checked out at 12 but had an hour to kill before our shuttle was to pick us up. At check out they cut our bracelets and then we said we were going to get lunch since we had an hour. They said, "Sorry you've checked out, you are welcome to sit in the lobby, but you cannot go to the restaurant."
Of all the places I've stayed this has never happened. My in-laws just gave you over $4000 for 5 days here and you're not going to let us eat one last buffet lunch? Unbelievable! What a last impression to leave on us.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family