We stayed at the PR from 02/21/11 to 02/26/11 with our three year old son. We thought the resort was nice for what we paid. The pools were a little cold in the mornings, but by the afternoon, the cool water felt great. The thing we enjoyed the most was that you can snorkel right in front of the resort. We brought our own snorkel gear and snorkeled everyday. There were tons of beautiful fish!
We were disappointed in the children's food selection. The morning buffet was good - with pancakes, yogurt, and fresh fruit. For lunch we ate at either the Bikini Beach bar or at the beach front grille. Both places offered really good hamburgers, hot dogs, and nachos. Wish that those places would offer french fries for kids. The night buffet was a disappointment. Of all the nights we were there, the buffet only had french fries for kids one time. My son ate mostly lunch meat at the night buffet. It would also be nice if there was an ice cream station at the buffet. We noticed several people ask "where is the ice cream" during our stay.
The food was the biggest disappointment for us. However, we spoke with several other couples who said that the food at Park Royal was much better than other resorts they had stayed at on the island.
If you want a chair by the beach or beach pools, you have to get out there and save one by 7:00 a.m.
Three things we would change or add that would have made our stay spectacular
1) Better food selection at the evening buffet
2) Bring in a self serve ice cream area
3) Add a children's playground that kids can play on when the Kids Club area is locked up for the evening.
Two individuals who helped us were Samuel (bellman/concierge). He was great at answering all of our questions - and Freddy Ramirez Perera who is a timeshare representative. Freddy was so nice to us even after we told him we were not going to buy a timeshare or sit through the presentation. Freddy gave us so many wonderful tips about where to go with our son, where to eat, etc.
Would we go back? -- Definately!!
The Uehlings - North Platte, Nebraska
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turquoise - often crystal clear waters -are just offshore. Beneath the surface are breathtaking reefs to attract undersea divers (and fantastic undersea life) from around the world and the Grand Park Royal Cozumel is in the center of it all. The leading All-inclusive on the island welcomes guests to 342 spacious guest rooms each with balcony overlooking the finest corner of the Caribbean. All inclusive, unlimited meals, drinks, snacks, 4 restaurants, buffet style and a la carte, 2 snacks, Café Sole (coffee house), 5 bars, room service 24 hours, in room mini-bar that is restocked daily, high-speed internet access (surcharge) or basic free internet, live entertainment, kids' club (0 -12 years old), fully equipped fitness center ($), spa, 3 resort swimming pool (including 2 infinity pools, main pool & kids club pool with water slides) and two Jacuzzis facing the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Park Royal Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Royal Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Hotel Cozumel
- Park Royal Cozumel Mexico