Consider this is a good three star hotel. That’s the reason of the rating.
The hotel is located on the main street, close to the cruise and ferry piers. The entrance from the street are just electrical stairs, once you take them, you reach the lobby. It is simple, includes a fountain and ocean view. There’s a pool that I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable using. That’s me and I was during a sports event and the hotel was used as the main hotel, so it was always crowded.
There are three kind of rooms (with two different rates), the interior view rooms, which I would never choose. The interior has a view of the restaurant/patio. The other rooms, have external view of the city. The premium rooms have ocean view. You have to pay more for these rooms and are a few per floor.
The rooms are on the small side, but acceptable. They have and old-fashioned TV and they don’t have duvets. The bathroom is simple with a bath/shower combination. The pressure of the shower is fine. It has curtain, but there isn’t leakage outside. The floor is the same for all the room (including bathroom).
On the bad side, you can listen to your neighbors and the hallways. Usually is not an issue, but I had scandalous neighbors.
Buffet breakfast is limited but good. Nothing to shout home about, but fine to start well the day.
What makes a good hotel Casa Mexicana is the service. As I said, the rooms are very clean. The people in the front desk are always willing to give more, as have midnight dinner. A Supervisor helped us with special requirements. The ladies working for housekeeping were kind and always made towel art (different each day).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully-designed hotel and our loving staff are ready to delight you in Casa Mexicana, like your home away from home! We're located very close to the main pier at Cozumel, just in the heart of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Mexicana Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mexicana Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Mexicana Hotel Cozumel
- Cozumel Casa Mexicana