Casa Mexicana Cozumel
US$140
US$136
US$261
US$236
Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$118
US$200
US$195
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$504
US$454
1,247 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetcity viewthe breakfast areasmall poolcentral locationrecommend casaan ocean view roomaqua safarirestaurants and shoppingferry pieromeletevery morningyogurtdefinitely stay here againocean frontdive triptown square
Reviewed 31 October 2011

3 blocks from the ferry can walk to it, above street noise, nice clean rooms, great breakfast buffet. friendly staff, in the heart of the town. you can walk to everything. Excellent value.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem to be quiet as they are at the rear of the facility, pool with deck and bar overlooks the ocean as do I'm sure some of the front rooms. Modern Mexico meets traditional Mexico
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Friendly staff, clean rooms & hotel. Close to everything downtown, even the free parking at Punta Langosta pier. I wish they had rinse tanks for dive gear, but they have an elevator to drag your stuff to the room which helps. We dove the north part of the island hunting Lionfish, so we were close to the dive spots. I will return for the Lionfish Safari next year, & we will stay at Casa Mexicana again.

Room Tip: Facing the ocean is a little windy during hurricane season, opt for the city view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank divinwithtal
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The service and atmosphere, everything here makes it just your average city hotel and nothing more.

I stayed at the Hotel Flamingo before this and liked that place better since it had more character and I believe that place was more clean than here.

A few things that I noticed that bothered me regarding cleanliness.

1. Tissues folded in a flower shape supposedly for decoration in the bathroom were smashed that I wasn't sure if it was leftover garbage after someone blowing their nose or not. I'd like to think not but I am still not sure.

2. There was leftover room service dishes everywhere sitting around since the afternoon in the hallway, making the place look like it was not well managed regardless of the fact that it is low season and not many people were around.

3. The cap on the pen in the room had bite marks everywhere suggesting it was already used. It's not a big deal and I would have not cared if I found it in a hostel but grossed me out in this case, since they were reusing it at a hotel that is supposedly considered nice and clean.

Other minor details are things like the view from the balcony is not always great depending on what room you are in, and that the walls are quite thin so you can hear what's going on next door. And lastly, if you are looking for character this is not the place. The front lobby makes the place look like it has more to the place than the rooms but I'm sure this part really depends on personal preference so will leave it to that.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asanada
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I ended up staying here not by design but by circumstance. I could not have asked for better. The service was warm and friendly. My wants were often catered to - including ringside boxing tickets.This hotel is perfect for those who want to experience Cozumel rather than be isolated from it. When I return, I will be staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2011

You read review after review and try and make sense of what is important to you and it can be frustrating - so let me simplify, stay here. I stay in hotels 60% of the year with work and while this is not a Marriott or Hilton, I would put it against many of the Courtyards I have camped in although it has more of a Fairfield type feel. Casa Mexicana fills the bill perfectly if you are diving or strolling around town. It is VERY clean, beds are comfortable, bathrooms have up to date finishes, in-room safe, flat screen TV, decent lighting and a great breakfast (get the made to order waffle and coffee). We booked through the Aqua Safari and got a little better deal on the Ocean View room than any published rate - worth the upgrade in my opinion but others we talked to had similar, positive feedback on the Cityview room conditions. No beach but there are a few beach clubs that are a short taxi ride away. We dove every day and it was very convenient to walk to any number of restaurants and bars in the evening without having to fork over $40 for a round trip taxi ride outside of town. It is a little further to the dive sites but the boat ride is enjoyable and what else are you going to do - go buy more tourista trinkets?

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends