I traveled to Cozumel September 12th to celebrate Independence Day with friends. Once again my stay at Casa Mexicana was great but this trip took on a different level of service, one not ever experienced in all my travels.
On Friday morning(yes, Friday the 13th) I fell on the tile just outside my room. No one's fault except my own as I was not wearing proper shoes. I was able to yell down into the breakfast atrium for help. Jimmy the waiter & Jaime the service manager immediately came to my rescue. I fell on my left shoulder & being a nurse, I knew it was bad.
I was taken to my room where a doctor was called & came to my room for an examination. During this time the hotel manager &
sales manager stayed with me. The hotel doctor called ahead to San Miguel clinic where an orthopedic surgeon was waiting for me. The hotel manager drove me in her personal vehicle, she even went to get my friend Karen who speaks Spanish as I do not.
A fracture was confirmed & with the help of the hotel & sales manager as well as Karen I was given exceptional care including being driven to 2 different pharmacies to get medicine.
On my departure day I was taken to the airport by the hotel manager in her car. She accompanied me all the way through security making sure I was ok. She even gave me a guardian angel made from tamale husks to keep me safe!
Once home here in Austin I had surgery to repair the fracture & I'm happy to report my recovery is going very well!
I'm sorry this is such a long review but I felt it important to share my experience. There are many reasons why I stay at Casa Mexicana & following this experience I won't stay anywhere else. You are not just a guest, you are family, whether its your 1st visit or 100th visit! God Bless you all!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully-designed hotel and our loving staff are ready to delight you in Casa Mexicana, like your home away from home! We're located very close to the main pier at Cozumel, just in the heart of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Mexicana Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mexicana Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Mexicana Hotel Cozumel
- Cozumel Casa Mexicana