Just got back from a week at the Casa Mexicana in Cozumel. This was our 4th visit. The good news is that nothing much has changed. We have always appreciated the clean modern feel of the hotel. The breakfast buffet continues to be a banquet that has something new and interesting every day. They continue to use white cloth napkins and table cloths. All of this maintained by the same congenial staff. The cleaning staff continue to amaze with their towel creatures. Every day when you return to your room, you will find a new towel creature waiting for you. The only change we noticed was that the rooms have been updated with large flat screen televisions.
The hotel is within walking distance of many dive operators. It is only a few short steps to hop on the boat with Aqua Safari. Thanks to tripadvisor, we were able to locate a number of great new restaurants that are also within walking distance. If you are in Cozumel, you need to plan at least one evening at the Kinta restaurant. The new restaurants are as good as anything you can find in the Caribbean.
This is not a beach hotel and not a pool hotel. If you are looking for a place with sand and a beach, this is not it. We love to dive every day and come back to the hotel to relax. All of the rooms come with comfortable balconies. If you get an ocean-view room, your balcony is the perfect place to relax in the afternoon. Not too much sun, so it does not get hot. If you can get a room on the top floor, you have the best place in the city to watch the sunset. Add a little wine and you have a very romantic spot at about 5:30.
The only criticism would be the internet service. They do have a computer room off the main lobby. There is good wifi in the lobby. They have added wifi transmitters on every floor but with limited success. I was able to connect to email in the room but had trouble getting online most of the time. They seem to continue to improve their service so maybe next year I will be able to get email on my touch while drinking a cold Sol beer on the balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully-designed hotel and our loving staff are ready to delight you in Casa Mexicana, like your home away from home! We're located very close to the main pier at Cozumel, just in the heart of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Mexicana Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mexicana Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Mexicana Hotel Cozumel
- Cozumel Casa Mexicana