1,281 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetcity viewthe breakfast areasmall poolcentral locationan ocean view roomrecommend casaferry pieromeletmade to order eggsevery morningyogurtdefinitely stay here againocean frontdive triptown squarepool deck
Reviewed 14 December 2017

When I arrived the receptionist wouldn't let me take my triathlon bike to my room, which was annoying. And the toilet didn't flush. All this was within my first five minutes so I was thinking it would be the hotel from hell. But actually it was perfect after that. The room was very clean, perfect size, nice view deck. The breakfast was probably the best I've ever had- they have cereals, fruits, breads, 8-10 cooked breakfast options like huevos rancheros, and they would make you a fresh omelette, pancakes, or waffles.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ConciergeCasaMex, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Mexicana Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear guest,

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback! It’s been a pleasure to welcome and serve you during your stay. We await your next visit.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

My husband and I love this hotel. The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. The hotel is conveniently located on the southern part of downtown. It is close enough for us to walk all over town, but because the lounge, pool, and lobby are all on the second floor, it is above the street noise. The view of the sea, the ships and all the boats from the balcony on that floor is delightful.
Family and friends who have stayed at Casa Mexicana agree with us that it is a very friendly, comfortable place to stay. We definitely shall return. The staff has made us feel special---like family.

Room Tip: Rooms are always spotlessly clean. Very importantly, the beds and pillows are comfortable, unlike many other hotels on our travels.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ConciergeCasaMex, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Mexicana Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Price and quality can't be beat. Location gives easy access to restaurants and is an easy cab ride to dive. Friendly staff and as clean a hotel as I have ever found anywhere. Great breakfasts are included with your stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I had a great stay here! The staff were so friendly and courteous. They were very knowledgeable and my stay was comfortable! Sweet little pool and overlook connected to the main lobby! This is a great spot!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ConciergeCasaMex, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Mexicana Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Spent 6 days, five nights at casa mexicana in early December. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. It's located near the Mega supermarket and there's a refrigerator in the room so you can pick up some beers, waters, snacks, etc. and keep them cold in the room. It's also close to several piers for diving trip pickups and it's close to many restaurants and bars, including the main square. I found the beds comfortable, but I know that's a very subjective thing. Others might find them on the hard side, but that's my preference. The breakfast is convenient and similar to an all-inclusive buffet, with several hot dishes warming on a steam tray, a cook to order station for eggs, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, and fresh fruit and cereals available.

I found the hotel to be perfectly adequate for my needs, which was a comfortable bed and good location. My criticisms are that we had to wear a wristband which I understood to be for the breakfast. It was annoying to have to wear a wristband all week, just to eat breakfast in the morning. Not that I blended, but it certainly served as a signal that I was a tourist, as I walked around the town. Also, my room faced the atrium where breakfast is served and starting at 6am each morning, the clanging of dishes and trays easily penetrated the room. I happened to wake up early every morning, but if you intend to sleep in, that noise could be disturbing.

In sum, casa mexicana was a safe clean hotel which serves as a good base from which to enjoy everything downtown cozumel has to offer. I'd probably stay again, notwithstanding the few negatives I noted.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo