1,303 results
All reviews breakfast buffet city view the breakfast area small pool central location an ocean view room recommend casa ferry pier omelet made to order eggs every morning definitely stay here again dive trip ocean front town square fresh fruit pool deck
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed one night there by myself before My Family met me the next day at a different resort. My Night stay was THE BEST. I was very please with my room, clean, nice decor, and Ocean view and the BED is VERY comfortable, which is very important to me. The service was impeccable. The maître d'hôtel called me by name at breakfast. Cool. I never had to lift my bags. Just very friendly and great service. Oh and the Bed .....COMFORT..oh I said that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Joyce316
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This is my 7th stay at Casa Mexicana so I thought I would add some new ideas I discovered on this trip. We have always stayed on the 5th floor ocean view side. We book directly with the hotel and it appears they save the top floor rooms for people that book directly with them. If you use a travel agent or online service it may be more difficult to snag a top floor room.

We had a friend with us this trip and he took a less expensive room also on the 5th floor but not in the front row.. His room had a nice ocean view and enjoyed shade in the afternoon when it is so hot on the oceanside rooms balconies. These room numbers are 505, 506 and 507 and have most of the benefits of the top floor ocean view rooms at a $40/night savings. Could be a hot tip!! The price he paid was $95 including taxes versus $135 including taxes that we paid. These rates represent about a 20% discount over listed rates and are usually available if you ask Alberto when booking calling their toll free number from the US.

Wi Fi: wi fi is available throughout the hotel but there was a couple times when the 5th floor base station went down. A call down to the front desk and they had it reset and up and running pronto. I enjoyed access in my room in addition to the computers they have available for guests in the lobby.

Parking is easy in the Punta Langusta parking lot on Calle 7 next to the hotel. It seems the bar opens when you show any interest in the "pool" area or ask. The hotel is still really focused on being clean, friendly and great breakfast buffet. It works for us on a diving trip but may not be a favorite honeymoon spot. It's definitely a cut above the inexpensive diving hotels for maybe $50 a night more. Depends on what you are looking for.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I am very cautious when picking a hotel for vacation. I try to read as many reviews as I can and actually write a pro/con list. The only con I could find for here was it was not beachfront but everything else has mad up for this. From the friendly front desk people to the polite cleaning staff and wait staff at the morning buffet I could not be happier that I chose Casa Mexicana Cozumel. I would come back here again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2010

This was my third stay at this wonderfull hotel.I am alllways amazed by how couteous and efficent the staff are .Even into the wee hours at night someone is constantly cleaning this impecable place.The morning buffet brekfast is wonderfull and Jaime the chief in command at the brekie table is pleasent and fun with good tips to all the local attractions.I have vacationed in Cozumel over 20 times over a number of years and have yet to find a hotel that offers better bang for the buck.O K it does not reside directly on a beach.It is a down town hotel but it is so wonderfull to walk out the door and you are within walking distance of everything.I have stayed in lots of Cozomel resorts.I will however not be straying too far from my absalute favourite .Bravo Casa Mexicana.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Setanta134
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We've stayed at Casa Mexicana for the past two years on our trip to Cozumel and will stay there again in the future. This hotel is perfect for divers as each room has a large patio type deck with lots of room for your gear to dry. It is very centrally located close to shops, dining and of course piers for dive boats. The breakfast is also good every morning. My only complaint was the internet service at the hotel was out or inconsistent the entire time we were there. It made our trip a bit stressful as we had to go into the city to get internet.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple