1,283 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetcity viewthe breakfast areasmall poolcentral locationan ocean view roomrecommend casaferry pieromeletmade to order eggsevery morningyogurtdefinitely stay here againocean frontdive triptown squarepool deck
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on business trip. Staff friendly although the bartender may need a little motivation.
Great location downtown. Good rooms and good breakfast buffet with attentive head waiter.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Definitely will return. Good value and pleasant atmosphere. Breakfast was good, but not as great as other reviews said, just average. Still would stay there in future, would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed one night there by myself before My Family met me the next day at a different resort. My Night stay was THE BEST. I was very please with my room, clean, nice decor, and Ocean view and the BED is VERY comfortable, which is very important to me. The service was impeccable. The maître d'hôtel called me by name at breakfast. Cool. I never had to lift my bags. Just very friendly and great service. Oh and the Bed .....COMFORT..oh I said that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Joyce316
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This is my 7th stay at Casa Mexicana so I thought I would add some new ideas I discovered on this trip. We have always stayed on the 5th floor ocean view side. We book directly with the hotel and it appears they save the top floor rooms for people that book directly with them. If you use a travel agent or online service it may be more difficult to snag a top floor room.

We had a friend with us this trip and he took a less expensive room also on the 5th floor but not in the front row.. His room had a nice ocean view and enjoyed shade in the afternoon when it is so hot on the oceanside rooms balconies. These room numbers are 505, 506 and 507 and have most of the benefits of the top floor ocean view rooms at a $40/night savings. Could be a hot tip!! The price he paid was $95 including taxes versus $135 including taxes that we paid. These rates represent about a 20% discount over listed rates and are usually available if you ask Alberto when booking calling their toll free number from the US.

Wi Fi: wi fi is available throughout the hotel but there was a couple times when the 5th floor base station went down. A call down to the front desk and they had it reset and up and running pronto. I enjoyed access in my room in addition to the computers they have available for guests in the lobby.

Parking is easy in the Punta Langusta parking lot on Calle 7 next to the hotel. It seems the bar opens when you show any interest in the "pool" area or ask. The hotel is still really focused on being clean, friendly and great breakfast buffet. It works for us on a diving trip but may not be a favorite honeymoon spot. It's definitely a cut above the inexpensive diving hotels for maybe $50 a night more. Depends on what you are looking for.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I am very cautious when picking a hotel for vacation. I try to read as many reviews as I can and actually write a pro/con list. The only con I could find for here was it was not beachfront but everything else has mad up for this. From the friendly front desk people to the polite cleaning staff and wait staff at the morning buffet I could not be happier that I chose Casa Mexicana Cozumel. I would come back here again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple