1,294 results
All reviews breakfast buffet city view the breakfast area small pool central location an ocean view room recommend casa ferry pier omelet made to order eggs every morning yogurt definitely stay here again ocean front dive trip town square pool deck
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I had a great time at Casa Mexicana. My plane actually had a mechanical issue, so I had to stay unannounced and without a reservation. The taxi driver recommended this place because of it's location. Had I known how fortunate I was, I would have given this guy a bigger tip.
-First, the check-in people are so helpful. I actually was in such a rush when I left, that I forgot to get my receipt. I called them the next day and emailed it too me without delay. Awesome service...and very friendly, too.
-The breakfast was good. Not awesome....but for what you are paying, it is good.
-The location is prime real estate. I could not have asked for more.
-If you are vacationing, ask for an ocean view. I ended up not getting one and the view was average at best.
-This isn't the type of hotel to stay at and lounge. They have a pool, but it is very small and it isn't worth spending any significant amount of time.
-Think of this place as a hotel and not a resort. It is not attached to the beach....in case you didn't know.
-The place echoes like crazy. Some people aren't aware that they are slamming the doors when the are leaving/entering the rooms. This can make for a difficult sleep. However, this can be fixed by common courtesy among guests.
-The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nothing special.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel if you are spending time in Cozumel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on business trip. Staff friendly although the bartender may need a little motivation.
Great location downtown. Good rooms and good breakfast buffet with attentive head waiter.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Definitely will return. Good value and pleasant atmosphere. Breakfast was good, but not as great as other reviews said, just average. Still would stay there in future, would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed one night there by myself before My Family met me the next day at a different resort. My Night stay was THE BEST. I was very please with my room, clean, nice decor, and Ocean view and the BED is VERY comfortable, which is very important to me. The service was impeccable. The maître d'hôtel called me by name at breakfast. Cool. I never had to lift my bags. Just very friendly and great service. Oh and the Bed .....COMFORT..oh I said that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Joyce316
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This is my 7th stay at Casa Mexicana so I thought I would add some new ideas I discovered on this trip. We have always stayed on the 5th floor ocean view side. We book directly with the hotel and it appears they save the top floor rooms for people that book directly with them. If you use a travel agent or online service it may be more difficult to snag a top floor room.

We had a friend with us this trip and he took a less expensive room also on the 5th floor but not in the front row.. His room had a nice ocean view and enjoyed shade in the afternoon when it is so hot on the oceanside rooms balconies. These room numbers are 505, 506 and 507 and have most of the benefits of the top floor ocean view rooms at a $40/night savings. Could be a hot tip!! The price he paid was $95 including taxes versus $135 including taxes that we paid. These rates represent about a 20% discount over listed rates and are usually available if you ask Alberto when booking calling their toll free number from the US.

Wi Fi: wi fi is available throughout the hotel but there was a couple times when the 5th floor base station went down. A call down to the front desk and they had it reset and up and running pronto. I enjoyed access in my room in addition to the computers they have available for guests in the lobby.

Parking is easy in the Punta Langusta parking lot on Calle 7 next to the hotel. It seems the bar opens when you show any interest in the "pool" area or ask. The hotel is still really focused on being clean, friendly and great breakfast buffet. It works for us on a diving trip but may not be a favorite honeymoon spot. It's definitely a cut above the inexpensive diving hotels for maybe $50 a night more. Depends on what you are looking for.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends