1,283 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetcity viewthe breakfast areasmall poolcentral locationan ocean view roomrecommend casaferry pieromeletmade to order eggsevery morningyogurtdefinitely stay here againocean frontdive triptown squarepool deck
Reviewed 19 August 2010

My wife and I and other fellow divers have stayed at the Casa Mexicana at least 6 times over the past 6 or 7 years. I am happy to say that it was just as good as ever when we stayed there this month. Good service, friendly, reasonably priced. For $110 per night or less it is an excellent value. Our room cost significantly less through Delta Airlines' Vacation Service.

Aside from the caveat below, based on my past experience, I would recommend the place highly. It is very convenient to the better restaurants downtown (there is no need to go to an "all inclusive" hotel in Cozumel), a few doors down from the best dive shop in town, Aqua Safari, right across the street from the dive dock and a 5 minute walk from the ferry. Yeah, no real pool, but you can't beat the unobstructed view of the sunset from their veranda. And their bar is right there handy.

I had heard from my friends who stayed there this spring that the staff quality was slipping. In particular, they said that the tremendous breakfast buffet--included with the room price and one of the main reasons I like the place--was cold, limited, and served too late to enjoy before the morning dive departure. I solved that mystery on this trip. Jamie, the gentleman who runs the breakfast operation as maitre d', was present for 5 of our 8 days, then left on vacation. Over the three days after his departure, the quality of the food and service declined markedly. By the third day, it was clear that Jamie keeps the place running, so if that part of the trip is important, check on him.

I

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I had a great time at Casa Mexicana. My plane actually had a mechanical issue, so I had to stay unannounced and without a reservation. The taxi driver recommended this place because of it's location. Had I known how fortunate I was, I would have given this guy a bigger tip.
-First, the check-in people are so helpful. I actually was in such a rush when I left, that I forgot to get my receipt. I called them the next day and emailed it too me without delay. Awesome service...and very friendly, too.
-The breakfast was good. Not awesome....but for what you are paying, it is good.
-The location is prime real estate. I could not have asked for more.
-If you are vacationing, ask for an ocean view. I ended up not getting one and the view was average at best.
-This isn't the type of hotel to stay at and lounge. They have a pool, but it is very small and it isn't worth spending any significant amount of time.
-Think of this place as a hotel and not a resort. It is not attached to the beach....in case you didn't know.
-The place echoes like crazy. Some people aren't aware that they are slamming the doors when the are leaving/entering the rooms. This can make for a difficult sleep. However, this can be fixed by common courtesy among guests.
-The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nothing special.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel if you are spending time in Cozumel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on business trip. Staff friendly although the bartender may need a little motivation.
Great location downtown. Good rooms and good breakfast buffet with attentive head waiter.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Definitely will return. Good value and pleasant atmosphere. Breakfast was good, but not as great as other reviews said, just average. Still would stay there in future, would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed one night there by myself before My Family met me the next day at a different resort. My Night stay was THE BEST. I was very please with my room, clean, nice decor, and Ocean view and the BED is VERY comfortable, which is very important to me. The service was impeccable. The maître d'hôtel called me by name at breakfast. Cool. I never had to lift my bags. Just very friendly and great service. Oh and the Bed .....COMFORT..oh I said that.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo