1,281 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetcity viewthe breakfast areasmall poolcentral locationan ocean view roomrecommend casaferry pieromeletmade to order eggsevery morningyogurtdefinitely stay here againocean frontdive triptown squarepool deck
Reviewed 24 September 2010

My Wife and I stayed at this hotel 12 – 18 Sept, 2010. We could not be more pleased. We were greeted upon arrival with a warm hola, a cold minty face clothe to freshen up with and a nice pina coloda type drink. We were immediately checked in and given the exact room type we requested. The lobby and atrium are bright, open and airy. All areas of the hotel were spotless. Our room on the 5th and top floor was beautiful, comfortable king size bed, small refrigerator, flat screen TV, oh and a gorgeous view of the Caribbean Sea. The maid was in everyday and cleaned the placed top to bottom, we noticed they actually change the blankets and comforters after each guest as well, we have never seen this before and we have stayed in many 5 star resorts. The location could not be better, just on the very edge of town, it is a easy walk to everything you want to do. We always get a car everywhere we go and intended to get one this time but soon discovered there was no need. The included breakfast buffet was good. Took us a couple of days to figure out the best way to enjoy it is to have them make something fresh for you, eggs, omlets, French toast , pancakes, etc, etc all made to order, all included in your room rate. We dove with Aqua Safari all week which is 3 doors down from the hotel with the dock right across the street. The dive shop was great as well, we will dive with them again in Jan, if not sooner. If you have a family with children that want a big pool and a beach across the street, this is probably not the hotel for you. They have a pool, but it is very small and sort of in the lobby. The Caribbean is across the road but there is no real beach to speak of. The only issue we had was the 5th floor is a smoking floor, our neighbors in the room next to us appeared to have one goal, to smoke as many cigarettes as they could, I swear they never left the room. Occasionally we would get a very strong odor of smoke in our room. This was very unpleasant. We also could not enjoy our balcony because they were always outside smoking. We ask the front desk what they could do. They offered to move us to the 4th non smoking floor (now we know). They also told the people not to smoke on the balcony, which they did stop. We decided to stay in our room and just deal with it. Next time we will stay on the 4th floor. For my Wife and I ( both marathoners and divers, in our mid 40’s ) this was the perfect hotel, We will be back many times.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We just returned from a dive trip to Cozumel Sept. 20, 2010. The rooms are clean, service is excellent, the people are very friendly. The daily breakfast buffet is great-esp. the waffles. The beds are comfrotable. The rooms are perfect for divers who need a patio to dry their dive gear. We were walking distance to the dive boat, shops, dining. It was amazing to have people really care about the customer and focused on making their stay so nice. Someone was always cleaning those floors and etc. We will return 2011.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redfish007
Reviewed 19 August 2010

My wife and I and other fellow divers have stayed at the Casa Mexicana at least 6 times over the past 6 or 7 years. I am happy to say that it was just as good as ever when we stayed there this month. Good service, friendly, reasonably priced. For $110 per night or less it is an excellent value. Our room cost significantly less through Delta Airlines' Vacation Service.

Aside from the caveat below, based on my past experience, I would recommend the place highly. It is very convenient to the better restaurants downtown (there is no need to go to an "all inclusive" hotel in Cozumel), a few doors down from the best dive shop in town, Aqua Safari, right across the street from the dive dock and a 5 minute walk from the ferry. Yeah, no real pool, but you can't beat the unobstructed view of the sunset from their veranda. And their bar is right there handy.

I had heard from my friends who stayed there this spring that the staff quality was slipping. In particular, they said that the tremendous breakfast buffet--included with the room price and one of the main reasons I like the place--was cold, limited, and served too late to enjoy before the morning dive departure. I solved that mystery on this trip. Jamie, the gentleman who runs the breakfast operation as maitre d', was present for 5 of our 8 days, then left on vacation. Over the three days after his departure, the quality of the food and service declined markedly. By the third day, it was clear that Jamie keeps the place running, so if that part of the trip is important, check on him.

I

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I had a great time at Casa Mexicana. My plane actually had a mechanical issue, so I had to stay unannounced and without a reservation. The taxi driver recommended this place because of it's location. Had I known how fortunate I was, I would have given this guy a bigger tip.
-First, the check-in people are so helpful. I actually was in such a rush when I left, that I forgot to get my receipt. I called them the next day and emailed it too me without delay. Awesome service...and very friendly, too.
-The breakfast was good. Not awesome....but for what you are paying, it is good.
-The location is prime real estate. I could not have asked for more.
-If you are vacationing, ask for an ocean view. I ended up not getting one and the view was average at best.
-This isn't the type of hotel to stay at and lounge. They have a pool, but it is very small and it isn't worth spending any significant amount of time.
-Think of this place as a hotel and not a resort. It is not attached to the beach....in case you didn't know.
-The place echoes like crazy. Some people aren't aware that they are slamming the doors when the are leaving/entering the rooms. This can make for a difficult sleep. However, this can be fixed by common courtesy among guests.
-The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nothing special.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel if you are spending time in Cozumel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on business trip. Staff friendly although the bartender may need a little motivation.
Great location downtown. Good rooms and good breakfast buffet with attentive head waiter.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business