I booked a last minute trip to Cozumel and wanted to be close to town in order to enjoy the multitude of restaurants and nightlife. I've done the all inclusive scene down at the south end of the island so wanted to try something different and Casa Mexicana did not disappoint.
If you are a diver they are just about on top of Aqua Safari's shop and the pier is right across the street. Aqua Safari's small boat leaves at 0800 hours so be able to get breakfast at 0700 hours was perfect. The breakfast at CM is second to none and one can go all out with the bacon and eggs, waffles, etc. or just stick to the fruit and yogurt bar which I did. The staff were very prompt and pleasant so don't forget to tip them.
I had a room on a non-smoking floor which was immaculate and the one thing that struck me about this hotel is that they were always cleaning it. Plus when I was there they were painting all the hand railings. It is rare in Mexico to see such good care put into hotel maintenance. The view over the ocean was beautiful and the balcony provided a good place to dry dive gear.
The room was of good size with TV, wireless Internet service, and good AC. Lots of hot water and pressure even on the 4th floor.
I suppose my only complaint and it was minor was that the noise from the second floor breakfast setup could wake one up particularly the alarm on the waffle maker! I was up early anyways but that alarm would certainly awaken me if trying to sleep in.
Staff were very friendly and even more so if one tried to speak Spanish with them. I'll be staying here if diving again, but not too sure about using Aqua Safari. I'll try and post a review about them later. Very pleasant operation but they tend to stick to dives closer to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our beautifully-designed hotel and our loving staff are ready to delight you in Casa Mexicana, like your home away from home! We're located very close to the main pier at Cozumel, just in the heart of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Mexicana Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mexicana Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Mexicana Hotel Cozumel
- Cozumel Casa Mexicana