1,303 results
All reviews breakfast buffet city view the breakfast area small pool central location an ocean view room recommend casa ferry pier omelet made to order eggs every morning definitely stay here again dive trip ocean front town square fresh fruit pool deck
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Just got back from Casa Mexicana. It is a VERY NICE place. The positives: it is very close walking to everything , the breakfasts were wonderful, it is extremely clean, the staff is outstanding as far as service and friendliness, and the building is a very interesting architectural style.
The negatives: it is downtown, for many this is a positive, but it can also be a negative. I prefer more seclusion and less people. The doors slam very easily (from a wind tunnel effect) and they are very loud! The pool is tiny and not once did we see anyone using it (it was a little cold), and last...there must have been the air conditioning units for the whole builidng above our floor and it had quite a loud hum.
I was alittle bummed because when we got there they didn’t have any ocean view rooms left but he checked the computer and said one would be available tomorrow but it would cost $28 extra a day. After checking into our room, we decided not to wait until the next day but to book the room right away and by the time we got down there (not 15 minutes later) supposedly it wasn’t available anymore…..it would have been nice for them to recommend that we book it right away instead of telling us to come back the next day (which we didn’t even do ) since apparently they go fast. All in all, it worked out fine. We ended up switching rooms due to the noisy door slamming and we got room 518. The balcony faces the city, but on the side of the balcony there is a another view which had a beautiful ocean view!
If you’re not into people and cruise ships, I would highly recommend renting a car (I think the company we used was Rent for Less) and take a drive to the other side of the island. There isn’t the hustle and bustle and the water is gorgeous! You can also rent a scooter, but we heard from several people NOT to do that due to the fact that people drive crazy and scooter accidents are quite common.
I also became certified to dive and used Aqua Safari which is practically next door to the hotel. They were great! I have no complaints. Ricardo is an excellent instructor and even let me use his own long wet suit because the shop only had shorty’s (and the water did get cold over time).
We met some wonderful new friends --Sherry, Brenda, Ramene, Eva! Over all it was a GREAT time!

1  Thank C21Realtor
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Casa Mexicana has 20 rooms that face th oceanfront and it is worth it to pay for one of these. Each room has a lovely balcony with 2 chairs and a table overlooking the ocean. It is almost in front of one of the cruise boat docks, so it is fun to see. From your deck, you can see the ocean and boats. There is a street inbetween the ocean and the hotel, but it can not be seen from your deck. The pool is really just for cooling off and it is a great place to sit in a deck chair and watch the ocean and the people below. It is on the busy shopping street, but a couple of blocks away and it is very quiet. the breakfast buffet changes everyday and the staff will make empanadas, omelettes, eggs and waffles for you. There is a juice maker and a blender. Most of the staff is very friendly and went the extra mile. This would be a 5 star hotel if they wuld bump up just a few things. You could get extra towels, but it was difficult. The cleaning service did not refill shampoo, etc.when you were out. but they would give it to you if asked. I always had to ask to have the cushions put out for the deck chairs. The are sooo close to being great and i would still highly recommend them!!!!

1  Thank pointspeaksandpasses
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I booked a last minute trip to Cozumel and wanted to be close to town in order to enjoy the multitude of restaurants and nightlife. I've done the all inclusive scene down at the south end of the island so wanted to try something different and Casa Mexicana did not disappoint.

If you are a diver they are just about on top of Aqua Safari's shop and the pier is right across the street. Aqua Safari's small boat leaves at 0800 hours so be able to get breakfast at 0700 hours was perfect. The breakfast at CM is second to none and one can go all out with the bacon and eggs, waffles, etc. or just stick to the fruit and yogurt bar which I did. The staff were very prompt and pleasant so don't forget to tip them.

I had a room on a non-smoking floor which was immaculate and the one thing that struck me about this hotel is that they were always cleaning it. Plus when I was there they were painting all the hand railings. It is rare in Mexico to see such good care put into hotel maintenance. The view over the ocean was beautiful and the balcony provided a good place to dry dive gear.

The room was of good size with TV, wireless Internet service, and good AC. Lots of hot water and pressure even on the 4th floor.

I suppose my only complaint and it was minor was that the noise from the second floor breakfast setup could wake one up particularly the alarm on the waffle maker! I was up early anyways but that alarm would certainly awaken me if trying to sleep in.

Staff were very friendly and even more so if one tried to speak Spanish with them. I'll be staying here if diving again, but not too sure about using Aqua Safari. I'll try and post a review about them later. Very pleasant operation but they tend to stick to dives closer to town.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Dunderdiver
Reviewed 16 December 2010

If you want to stay downtown, this hotel is extremely convenient. It's close to everything, and right across the street from a dock for diving. You are minutes away from the tourist area, main town, the Mega grocery store, etc.

The room and hotel were very nice, extremely clean, and it comes with both a small refrigerator in the room and a full breakfast included (any type of eggs, pancakes, waffles, fruit, etc - and really good). It also has free internet access in the room, and it was fast!

I personally found the price to be incredibly good, and well worth the money. That said, you can stay for ~$30-40/night cheaper just a few feet away if you are OK not having a full breakfast/internet/etc. So if you are one of those people who just want a cheap room; I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

If you want to wake up, check your email, walk 15 feet and have an incredible breakfast and then go outside and hop on a boat for diving - this hotel would be VERY hard to beat. Extremely, extremely convenient.

Reviewed 15 December 2010

I hope they improved their food quality by now.

The first time we stayed there was ok, although the noise level was high, we constantly heard noises from above. The second time, we had a really bad food poisoning from their breakfast buffet which killed almost our entire trip. We didn't eat any dairy, so most likely, it was from the cut fruit we had in the morning. The doctor determined it was the breakfast that hit us, very unlikely from dinner (timewise).

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple