“Yummy Burritos!!!”

Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Build your own burrito! Choose from several delicious ingredients, including chicken, pork, steak, rice and beans. Top it off with some salsa, and enjoy. Everything $8 and under! We also serve breakfast burritos. All of our ingredients are fresh and each burrito is made to order.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After reading reviews on TA, we decided to find this place while doing a pit stop with Navigator of the Seas (out of Galveston) cruise. We took a $8 taxi ride(for up to 4 people) to the downtown area and easily found Burritos Gorditos. We were quickly greeted by Euxebio the owner of Burritos Gorditos. He explained the menu and sizes of burritos. I decided to share a large (a very fat) chicken burrito with my daughter and Euxebio paid attention to detail as to how I wanted the burrito. My daughter didn't want anything but the chicken, beans and rice on her side, as I did want everything it came with and he made our burrito to perfection. My husband who could be a food critic says it was one of the best burritos he has ever had, even better than the burritos from our Chipotle Restaurants here in the U.S. The tortillas are freshly made daily and he does not use tortillas left over from day before because they will not roll well when making the burrito. The salsas are delicious, he has the habanero salsa (yellow bottle), the regular salsa (red bottle) which was really delicious, then he had the "gringo salsa" which he called and that was a green tomatillo mild salsa. Everything was delicious and we will definitely go back again if we are ever in Cozumel again. Euxebio certainly takes pride in making his burritos. If you are wondering about the price, well lets just say you will have money for souvenirs :) He is the friendliest guy we met in Cozumel. Good job Euxebio!!!

2  Thank EHH_1

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the burrito I ordered and their salsas. My husband enjoyed his as well as my toddler. It was a nice place to chat with tourists and also the owner was smiling all the time which made us feel very welcome. Great location and I am glad we listen to TripAdvisor

2  Thank Dolcebambina84
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This guy knows how to make a burrito. Huge, tasty, and you can even make it wet with melted cheese on top. Hands down the best burrito I've had in Mexico, and a fun guy just to talk to!

2  Thank Edden R
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The burritos are big, tasty and filling! You will not be disappointed! Large burritos cost 75 pesos, which may seem like a lot, but you'll pay more anywhere else and also leave hungry.

1  Thank KingGuy
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stopped in for an early lunch on Saturday and due to the hour were the only ones in the restaurant for a while. My son does not like burritos; he does now. That alone should state how good these burritos are. as for myself, and my older son, we both agree it is the best we have ever had.
The only thing more amazing than the taste, the menu, the choices, was the bill. 3 Burritos, 3 drinks, some side salsa, 212 pesos, which is far less than anything even remotely comparable in Florida would have cost.

The owner is one of the friendliest and most interesting persons to talk to as well. He was happy to make one for my son that was allergen free. We ordered regular size and were stuffed, with some left over. I cannot say enough good things about the owner and the restaurant.

I can see how this restaurant is #1 on the list. And I will visit again.