2,144 results
All reviews murphy bed babieca dive center cruise ship activities director one bedroom suite tower rooms hot tub beach area day pass fish the general manager juan carlos all inclusive plan the wait staff all inclusive package time share timeshare presentation
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

not as crowded as some other resorts, did not try the food but grounds are quaint and well kept. stayed as a timeshare- diving was ok directly off the pier; and this has a nice pool- rooms are outdated. get out to enjoy cozumel between 11-3pm after 3 cruise crowd leaves and u can actually enjoy the resort

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JamesLagasca
Andresmaillard, Gerente at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and recommendations, which are the best tools to improve all of our services. l
Thank you again for choosing us and share your experience.

Andrès Maillard

Reviewed 22 April 2014

After a little bit than a year, we decided to go back to our favorite place in mexico, now we were really surprised! the hotel has been revamped, but the service is impecable as always, whenever you go there, make sure vicky attends you awsome attention.
Now you have much more to do, paddle boards have been incorporated, although you pay for them but is tottaly worth it. If you can pay that little extra to stay in a top floor room, 1 bedroom perhaps would suit you.

what can i say it is just amazing!! 3rd year in a row and we cannot wait for the next one to come.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 3xs

Dear Guest:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience from your las stayed, it is great to read that you notice all the changes we have being doing in the property, we work hard every day to improve and to full fit our guest necessities.
We will express Vicky your words and share with all the staff this review.
See you next year.

Cordially

Reviewed 21 April 2014

El Cid was better than I thought it would be. I almost didn’t want to write about it and keep it my little secret but I felt like I had to share my terrific experience with you all. I was in Cozumel on one of my cruise stops in the Caribbean. After a long trip to Jamaica and Grand Cayman, I really just wanted to relax. I had been to Cozumel several times before and was looking for a cool spot to unwind rather than another excursion. Luckily, I ran into a new friend from the cruise on the pier who told me about the hotel. Believe me, I’m glad he did.

Basically, it had everything I was looking for in a place. I bought a day pass day pass which was $12 but they instantly credited me $9 to use on food or drink. The day pass included the pool, the beach area, the hammocks, the lounge chair area, and the bathrooms, of course. As a bonus, the price also included free Wifi, which was very strong. It did not include a towel but I had one in my backpack so I was fine. As soon as I arrived, I made friends with some folks from Canada who were staying there. They told me how much they loved El Cid and how they’d been there 3 times before. They also mentioned they loved meeting people from the cruise who stopped in to relax. I can see why they had stayed there 3 other times. The service was extremely friendly and attentive. Vicky and Williams (beach attendants) were so fun and great. Vicky even went out of her way to find me a great place to layout. The hotel had fun music playing the whole time and the vibe was chill and hip. The crowd was a mix of young and old, from all over the world.

I used my $9 credit to buy a couple of Mexican beers and a water. Around lunch time, I ordered and amazing seafood soup (Mariscos) which came with chips and salsa and another beer. The total was only $10 for that – trust me, it was delicious and more than worth the money.

The best part was the ocean water. The water just in front is crystal clear, filled with exotic fish, and great for swimming or snorkeling. They rent gear in case you don’t have any.

The whole place was fun and the bathrooms are very clean. If you don’t feel like wandering too far from the ship but want to get off and enjoy a little Cozumel hospitality, El Cid is THE Place. I can't vouch for the rooms but I can only imagine they would be just as great. I know some have complained about seeing the ships in front of the resort but I think that's the cool part. To see such great modern marvels parked in front of your eyes is a real treat. Besides, why book a hotel in front of a major crusing port if you're gonna have an issue with that? LOL

If you are looking for a place to relax while in Cozumel, I know you will love El Cid.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ldominici
Andresmaillard, Gerente at El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Mr.Lorddominici
Thank you for sharing your past expérience at our facilities, it is nice to read that you enjoyed your day with us, i will personally extend your words to Vicky.
Hoping to host you as a guest very soon have a good day.

Sincerelly

General Manager.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Let's name all the issues I have:

1. The staff was friendly at the front desk/concierge but incompetent. I wrote down exactly my information, the restaurant name (Buccanos), date & time I wanted to make reservation for the concierge. He picked up the phone and then I confirmed with him that he did make the reservation after he put the phone down. He said yes. Buccanos said they had never received a call from El Cid Le Ceiba.

2. The noise from the loudspeaker all day was deafening.

3. The hotel would not give us a wifi password for inside the rooms because they said the network was spotty so they rather not receive any complaints. (How about fixing the wifi instead??)

4. We never received phone messages left for us.

5. The food was hit and miss. One day the chicken wings were great, the next day, they were burnt. The drinks were watery and one could barely taste the alcohol.

6. The ceiling of the bathrooms were wooden sticks. One can see the horrible real ceiling behind the sticks. The noise of next door using the bathroom was LOUD. The water pressure for the shower is bad. If anyone turns on the cold water next door, you get burnt by the hot water.

7. The view of the habour is blocked by the 4 cruise ships parked right in front.

8. The snorkeling was not good at all. The path down is rocky and slippery. There was not much to see at the bottom anyway.

9. The spa is so expensive that it is ridiculous. I think they have an idea that they can take the cruise ship clients for a ride since they are cheaper than the service on the ship.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Efyshum

Dear Guest:
First at all I want to thank you for your time to post this comments. we always appreciate all type of review positive or negative will help us to improve areas and services.
i can see that you are really unhappy for the internet fails, the hotel location, and the concierge service and i want to let you know that we are working with some of the points you mentioned.

Sincerely

Reviewed 20 April 2014

First, the good:
the rooms are clean, and the continental breakfast was good.
Now for the bad:
Unlike some other reviewers, we didn't like the lunch or dinner food. We get better Mexican food back home in California.
Our dive shop left messages for us that were never delivered. The dive shop told us they had had this experience before with this hotel. Also, the hotel concierge did not make restaurant reservations he said he would -- this was unfortunate when we showed up at the restaurant and they had no reservation for us.
There are several docks for cruise ships right next to the hotel. When they dock, the engine vibrations literally shake the hotel. This isn't so good at 6am, although they usually dock later.
Most of the stores that are walking distance from the hotel are souvenir shops meant for the cruise ship passengers; a cab ride into town is $9 each way and there is no shuttle.
The wi-fi is intermittent. It usually works in the lobby; they told us they turned off the wi-fi in the rooms because guests complained about its unreliability. Go figure.
Although the rooms are clean, they are a little shabby. For example, the ventilation system in the bathroom is a sliding window that opens onto the public hall outside the room, next to the elevator.
In the afternoons, there is a painfully loud PA system used for beach game announcements
The wait staff really didn't seem happy with the fact that our package had continental breakfast included; they were not happy that we got our own muffins from the buffet, they said we would have to pay for breakfast in this case, since they didn't bring the muffins, although they gave up on that after a spirited discussion.
You can't make local calls directly from your room phone, and they told us it would cost $1 US per call they place for you (although this didn't show up on the bill, perhaps they forgot).
The in-room refrigerator made banging noises at night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John-PaloAlto

Dear Guest:
First at all I want to thank you for tyour time to post this comments. we always appreciate all type of review positive or negative will help us to improve areas and services.

Again thank you and happy holidays.
Sincerely