“Just can't say enough about Baldwin's”

Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel
Ranked #8 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Just came back from a week in Coz with Kathy and Dale. My wife and I have been coming to Baldwin's for 6 years now and just can't say enough about the place. Simply said, these people have become family to us. We have never experienced anything like it anywhere and we consider ourselves travelers, not a tourists. The food, cleanliness and attention to detail in the rooms is second to none. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. If you have a question about the island just ask as they have been living there for ~18 years.

And what I like best is that Baldwins is NOT located on the strip with the tourists its located in a neighborhood some 12 blocks away. You can easily walk to some of the best restaurants that the locals eat in and you will get some culture while you are at it.

I do have 1 warning for those considering on coming to Baldwins, brace yourself, you will most likely leave with a bone crushing hug from Kathy and Dale. :)

Room Tip: There are all good, it comes down to preferences of a queen or a king bed.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel

Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is the place to stay if you want to feel like you are in Paradise and being treated like royalty.

It is a beautiful piece of heaven on the island, always a new flower or bird to fill the eyes with wonder and beauty.

The delicious island breakfast is served with class and fit for a king.

Lovely rooms with good beds.

Everything is sparkling clean.

Kathy is a darling little elf who wisk around and seems to miraculously meet all your needs.

Lovely, lovely place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Once again, Kathy went above and beyond providing tasty meals and exceptional service. She accommodated my diet challenges and offered a variety of choices for everyone each breakfast. There was always lots to eat. We had fresh linen and towels every few days and everything was kept very clean. Kathy even went out of her way to take me to a neat little shop where I bought fantastic items for my son’s birthday party loot bags at wholesale cost. What a find! Thanks, Kathy! The items were a hit!

I like that the plumbing here is better than in other areas of the community. The water pressure on the shower was fantastic and you can flush your toilet paper without worrying about the sewer system. Much more sanitary. There is a massage therapist who comes in to do massages for the guests and Kathy offers the gazebo for us to enjoy these. Fantastic deal!

Some people worry about the location however we enjoyed touring around the community and eating at the excellent small restaurants with the locals as well as some fancier ones. Can't beat the quality or the value. We rented a car for touring around the rest of the island and Dale assisted in that process.

Dale was entertaining, as always. He works to keep a beautiful yard and plays great music in the yard while we are visiting and relaxing at the outdoor kitchen. He was gracious enough to let us use his barbecue again to have a barbecue for all of the guests. He even helped out when we had an issue with our rental car and saved the day by pulling out his tools.

Staying at Baldwin's is like staying with family. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I am sitting in northern Canada watching the snow fall and it is the middle of March. All I can think about is being in Cozumel with Dale and Kathy. They are the most amazing host/hostess I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Kathy makes food to die for and keeps the rooms immaculate. She is always busy scrubbing and cooking. Dale is always fixing something or maintaining the gorgeous grounds, Did I mention the pool with mini waterfall? Wonderful and very clean!

They have lived there for many years so always give good tips on where to eat, what to do for recreation, the best dive shops and got Dale me the best discount on a car that I would never have gotten on my own. They are fun and Dale is very entertaining in the evenings when his work is done.

Happy hour is whenever you want to start it and the beer is in the fridge, Just help yourself and mark it on a piece of paper and pay for it later. I love their honor system.

All in all you will not find a better place to stay if you want to experience Cozumel outside of a tourist hotel. I stayed at the Coral Princess before and it is beautiful and comfortable but all I saw were other tourists and they wanted me to buy all the tours with large groups of people.

Dale and Kathy gave me such good suggestions that cost far less and gave me more value. Who wouldn't want to go back? I hope to return next winter so that I can have another perfect holiday. Thanks Dale and Kathy for always going that extra mile to make my holiday so enjoyable and sharing your little piece of heaven with me.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank k31654
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We have just returned from three wonderful weeks at the Baldwin Guest House. It is a calm retreat in the middle of busy streets of Cozumel.

The rooms are spacious, attractive and immaculate. The walled grounds surronding a waterfall pool are beautiful and carefully maintained.

The guest house is in easy walking distance of some of the best restaurants in Cozumel. The elegant Casa Mission is in the next block and San Carlo's Pescaderia is around the corner.

Every morning Kathy and Dale served a fabulous two course gourmet breakfast in the screened gazebo next to the pool. Coffee was always available before breakfast.

Thanks to Kathy and Dale Gardner's kindness and attention to detail, our stay was perfect. We will be returning next year.

Jackie and Bud

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lpbh
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Dale and Kathy were great and full of helpful information and tips for enjoying yourself on the island.
Coffee and OJ were perfect, for breakfast we could count on a wealth of fruit as well as some savory items. Kathy kept it fresh with something new every day. :)
The room was nice!! Great showers and beds! Very clean.
I felt like I was with old friends staying there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jeanette K
Reviewed 3 March 2012

our stay at dale and kathy's was perfect. rooms were spotless, beds better than my own at home, shower hot and good pressure. the location excellent...not in the touristy area but close enough to walk(10 mins). all of this would already rate very highly in my books so when u add a breakfast fit for a king(fresh fruits and everything made with love every morning) plus the great time spent drinking beers in the garden bar area and having laughs with dale and the guests...baldwins pretty much wins some kind of trip advisor oscar if u ask me! hope very much i get to return to this place. soon. taking alot of fond memories with me after my one week there. keep it up u guys and all the best for the future.
dirk