“Wonderful Time at Baldwin's”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel
Ranked #9 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Wonderful Time at Baldwin's”
Reviewed 7 September 2004

Everything about Cozumel made us want to come back again, in no small part because of Kathy and Dale. Kathy is an incredibly perceptive host who really has an eye for what her guests are looking for. My wife and I are frequent travelers who try to avoid touristy attractions and enjoy getting a taste of the local culture and cuisine. Kathy figured this out very fast without our even mentioning it. For the first meal right after we arrived, she suggested going to a fish stand a few blocks away. Carlos, the owner of the place, was a real character and treated us like family, letting us in behind the shop and chatting with us the whole time we were there. We kept on going back to hear his stories and enjoy the incredible fish! After that, we asked Kathy and Dale for more local restaurants, and all the suggestions were incredible - the recommendations of our usually reliable guidebook really paled in comparison.

We did our dive lessons with Troy, who is a good friend of the hosts. Our diving lessons took up a good portion of our daytime hours on the island, but we had lots of fun. In fact, we had so much fun that we ended up canceling the Mayan ruins portion of our trip to spend more time diving (as my wife would tell you, I will not give up on ruins unless there is a very good reason for it).

Kathy and Dale also do a wonderful job of keeping their B&B clean and relaxing. We had a hard time staying awake while we read through our diver’s manual on their rooftop gazebo. The other inhabitants of their domain include their cute little dog, Lana (I’m allergic to dogs but I didn’t have any problem throughout the trip - Lana always stays outside), several turtles, geckos, iguanas, and many little birds. The breakfasts are truly amazing.

My wife and I are definitely going back again.

3 Thank travellingscholar

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 30 August 2004

Exceptional hosts, warm & gracious hospitality, comfortable accommodations, fantastic breakfasts, convenient location; Can't wait to visit Kathy & Dale again!

Reviewed 22 August 2004

My wife and I visited Baldwin Guest House in mid-May. We had an absolutely great time! Everyone's reviews are spot on. Dale and Cathy are great and give you great advice on day trips, restaurants, etc. Beware the breakfasts...you'll need a nap immediately following. Very, very good. They're diving outfitter is an excellent recomendation. My wife and I had never dived before and had a great time. I guarantee you will have a great time if you stay at the Baldwin House. We had four weeks of vacation, and Cozumel and the Baldwin house were the highlight. I wish we would have spent another week. Lana, the dog, will give you your "dog fix" if you're missing your four legged friend.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 August 2004

After reading all the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to pull the trigger and go with the Baldwin's Guest House. The wife and I went down in July, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the accomodations and location. Dale and Kathy were amazing hosts and a great source of information. We really felt at home. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 18 July 2004

From my arrival I was treated respectfully and with an exceptional degree of personal attention; its a quiet haven in the midst of Cozumel (El Centro) that offers clean, authentic mexican ambience and style. The garden is lush and beautiful; the pool immaculent. Kathy's breakfast is always exceptionally fresh, made to order and extensive! Book ahead of time!

Reviewed 7 July 2004

Kathy and Dale went out of their way to make me feel at home. Their accomodations were cozy and comfortable and the common areas are like a garden, open and tropical. Kathy's breakfests were
fantastic and their guidance regarding the island was such a great help. I hope I get the chance to return to Cozumel and to my new friends the Baldwins.

Reviewed 3 June 2004

My wife and I spent a week at Baldwin’s Guest House (May 22-29), and we share the same sentiments as others who have reported here. Our room was gorgeous…nicer than the photos depict. The property is located in a residential area, but the neighbors were unobtrusive (we felt safe outside at all times). Again, the photos of the property hardly do it justice. We thoroughly enjoyed every breakfast served by Kathy, unfortunately we’re spoiled now. Their hospitality was head and shoulders above other B&Bs we’ve visited—it felt like visiting friends as opposed to renting a room from a pair of strangers. Their advice was golden…we are able to achieve significantly better taxi fares, and were introduced to some wonderful local restaurants that had great prices and even better food. We were already planning our return trip to Cozumel and Baldwin’s guest house before we left…which should be a good indication of how much we enjoyed our stay.