“Very Warm, Comfortable, Friendly Atmosphere”

Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel
Ranked #5 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2010

My husband and i have been staying at the Balwin House for 8 or 9 ears now and we would'nt stay anyplace else because of the warm friendly ,caring people that run it,Dale and Kathy.
This year we were unable to go and both of us have had withdrawals from the winter blues.but that will change this next year and will will be booking our trip and rooms there again.
Because of the warm,friendly atmosphere of these two lovely people,.Dale and Kathy who accomodate their guests with the best breakfasts ever in this beautiful surroundings of tropical gardens and waterfalls and dont forget the turtles around a very clean pool. Anytime we wanted to go and eat,Dale and Kathy would call a cab to take us so there was no hassles and its all within walking distance also if a person wants to take a stoll. If you are is looking for a relaxing stay,this is the place to go and meet and make friends with alot of people that return every year like us.
We enjoy our stay so much that when we get there,its like walking thought the door of our second home and always greeted in a very friendly atmopshere.Thats why we go back.We're sure glad we found this place!
Regards
Ken and Maureen Wade
Jamestown,North Dakota
(--)

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2010

This was our forth stay at Baldwins and our home away from home in Cozumel. Dale and Kathy and absolutely the best B&B owners we're ever met. They are always very friendly and helpful and wonderful to be around. I have recommended Baldwins to several of our friends and family and they all have had wonderful stays. The rooms are very clean and the food is the best. The garden area and pool are beautiful and very relaxing. Theirs an area for your dive gear and a rinse tank too.Don't miss this place if your going to Cozumel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2010

This B&B is the best place in Cozumel. The owners are great - friendly - accommodating - fun. If you need help finding something, they will be your travel guide or shopping guide. They make great margaritas and the breakfasts are wonderful. We've visited multiple times and would not stay anywhere else in Cozumel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I stayed at Baldwin's Guest house and have wanted to return ever since. I loved Cozumel, it's people, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay with Kathy and Dale. I wanted a quiet restful vacation and they did everything to make that happen. The house was spotless and the food was great. I was treated like family. The grounds were an oasis of tranquility and I see from recent pictures that they've been busy improving them. When I left I hung my sun hat on a hook, promising that I'd be back to wear it again. I enjoy travel to remote areas, usually by motorcycle or kayak. Snorkeling on Cozumel was a new and wonderful experience for me; warm water - what a paradigm shift (Hey! I'm Canadian). Sunrise on the sparsely populated East side of the Island is a special treat, as is the nesting of sea turtles on it's beaches. Dale and Kathy's local knowledge were so helpful in making my first visit to Mexico a memorable one. My next trip to Mexico will without a doubt include a stay at Baldwin's with Dale & Kathy. From there I plan to travel to Belize and on to Guatemala for some Spanish tutoring. So Dale, if you read these things please dig out my sun hat cause I have even less hair than the last time. Hasta luego Amigo.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I have stayed in B&Bs, hotels, and resorts around the world--Thailand, Korea, Europe, and Mexico. Baldwins is by far the best place I have stayed. Why?
Dale and Kathy, in a word. They make every effort to ensure their guests are able to relax and decompress from the fast-paced world outside Cozumel. Kathy makes the best breakfasts around, with local ingredients and the freshest fruit. Dale and Kathy point guests to the best restaurants for dinner--not the tourist trap restaurants, but the places the locals go. They point their guests to the non-tourist trap shopping (a wonderful silver jewelry store), reasonable rental car company, great scuba guide, and other fun activities. They will not steer you wrong on suggestions for things to do on the island and will fill you in on things to do outside the typical cruise ship port of call area. My husband and I spent a week here in APR 07 and could not wait to return and bring family. We returned in JAN 08 with my parents--my mom, the biggest neat freak around, travels with bleach water and uses it to clean hotel rooms/beach houses, etc. before she settles in. She felt no need to do that at Baldwins.
My parents still talk fondly about the trip to Baldwins. My husband and I plan to escape to Baldwins sometime in the winter of 2010/2011--hopefully, more family will be able join us.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

My wife and I had been to Cozumel a few times on cruises and we wanted to enjoy the entirety of the island "beyond the port call experience." We extensively searched the B&B accommodations available on the island and chose to go to Baldwin's. As one that has visited many B&Bs, I must say without a doubt that Baldwin's is the best B&B we have ever experienced. Similar to what other folks said on this site, Kathy's breakfast are outstanding!! The breakfasts are made even better with the beauty of the Guest House's surroundings. The patio, flowers, birds, and warm sunshine makes the morning meal unforgettable. The rooms are spacious and very very clean. We spent many hours over the week lounging around the pool (with waterfall) enjoying the sun and gardens. In addition to the great property, Dale and Kathy make the experience truly wonderful. Over the years on the island, they have become familiar with every restaurant, shop, and activity on the island. They provide great recommendations for ALL activities. They know all the best restaurants (both popular and hidden secrets), shops (best buys for jewelry and other souvenirs), beaches, scuba diving companies, and on and on.....

We loved Baldwin's Guest House so much, this is was our second trip. We can't wait to go again. If you are going to Cozumel, stay with Dale and Kathy. I promise you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Beautiful grounds, the most comfortable rooms and amazing breakfast. Kathy & Dale are incredible hosts, you won't be better taken care of anywhere. Far beyond my highest expectations.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo