“Once in lifetime for me!”
Review of Sea Trek Cozumel

Sea Trek Cozumel
Ranked #100 of 281 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the most amazing exploring underwater world, is as easy as walking and breathing, ideal for ages 8 and up, get the sensation of walking in space, always guided by our professional staff. Includes free snorkel time after the tour. Sea Trek is available at the following locations - Jeanies Beach Club (at downtown) and National Park Chankanaab Daily every hour from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We visited Sea Trek during a cruise to Mexico. Didn't have it planned, but we really wanted to try it. I am unable to snorkel because it freaks me out, so I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this. They provide changing rooms to change into/out of swimwear. You're provided water shoes and a helmet. You get the helmet as you're getting into the water. Believe me, you don't want it any sooner. It's REALLY heavy. The water is pumped into the helmet so it's never a problem breathing. You just breathe naturally. Not an issue. You don't want to tip your head too far forward and backward because it changes the amount of water in your helmet. The water will come up to your neck, but that's it. I did it in my glasses and makeup. It's like you're looking through an aquarium tank. The water was VERY cold going in at first. You walk down a pool type ladder into the water. You don't have much time to get used to it. You just go down. They tell you to continue breathing naturally, but it was still a little scary to me. Once you're helmet goes under water you don't even think about the breathing part! It's unbelievable! It's the most incredible thing ever. We were the only people on this particular trip so we got extra attention, but I must say... the staff is awesome. You can take waterproof cameras down, but you'll want the pictures they take of you instead. The photos are first class. They have a diver down there that takes a LOT of pictures/videos for you and will even put them on a DVD to take home. For a fee of course. ;) They'll let you feed the beautiful fish and pick up stuff for you to hold underwater. I was NOT about to hold this little spider thing that was walking around down there, but it was cool to watch my husband do it. This was our first time underwater and it started my husband's diving obsession. He's been doing it since we've gotten back, and we've even taken trips specifically just to dive. Very cool. I recommend. Grab some nachos from the restaurant up top and it's a perfect morning.

7  Thank twdavis
There are newer reviews for Sea Trek Cozumel

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Just a short trip from the Cozumel port by taxi. Right next door to Margaritaville. I cannot say enough good things about this place! Everyone is super friendly! My husband and I both took the adventure. I actually panicked on my way down the ladder. I came back out and let another lady go ahead of me. The guide took my hand & explained for me to look at him, look at his eyes, Go down a couple of steps, he placed the helmet on me & said to go down 1, 2, 3, then he pointed to my right side & said "look at him". I did and under the water I went! It was fantastic. You basically trek in a square but it takes you 45 minutes or more. We got to hold a star fish, puffer fish, sting ray & urchin. They had some feed that drew in a school of multi colored fish. The feeling of the school swimming on and around you is amazing! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TRIP!!!!! I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

What an awesome experience! My husband and I plus our three teenagers enjoyed this excursion while on a cruise to Cozumel. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We spent over a half an hour in about 20+ feet of water. It was like being in a touch tank. We purchased the video and pictures taken of us holding: squid, starfish, puffer fish, and sea urchins. We highly recommend this attraction!

1  Thank bnbgroupie
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We did Sea Trek with our grandsons last week while on a cruise. It was a truly rewarding experience. All of the staff were very professional and had lots of patience getting our grandsons comfortable with the diving helmet. I would highly rate it as a must do!

2  Thank stutz50
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Excellent experience of scuba diving without being certified..friendly patient guides who dive with us taking some unforgettable pictures...cd was ready 5 mins after we finished. Free to use snorkeling equipment meant we could enjoy the underwater adventure for the rest of the day.

1  Thank Paul G