“OUTSTANDING excursion”
Review of Sea Trek Cozumel

Sea Trek Cozumel
Ranked #95 of 288 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the most amazing exploring underwater world, is as easy as walking and breathing, ideal for ages 8 and up, get the sensation of walking in space, always guided by our professional staff. Includes free snorkel time after the tour. Sea Trek is available at the following locations - Jeanies Beach Club (at downtown) and National Park Chankanaab Daily every hour from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

During our port visit in Cozumel, we made our way to Jeanie's where the Sea Trek office is located. There was the transaction for the tour upfront then the thorough safety briefing outside. Minutes later I was submerged with the helmet on my way down the ladder. This was way more exciting than I expected. The staff of divers with were very attentive and reassured me they were there to provide fun and safety. Holding star fish, urchins and baby sting rays made this Royal Caribbean cruise really worth it. I will do this again and recommend this facility. The food at Jeanie's is very good also.

Salt & Peppa Jr.

2  Thank SaltinPeppa

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Absolutely worth doing !!!! as a person who has never snorkeled or gone scuba diving before, I cannot say enough wonderful things about this experience. From the moment we stepped onsite, we were nearly outnumbered by the very professional, extremely patient, and super friendly team.
They guided us every step of the way. We walked down a ladder into the crystal clear water and were immediately greeted by all sorts of beautiful fish. The team was constantly photographing (even with our own cameras) so that we could just enjoy the experience and not worry about taking pictures ourselves.
We were literally able to reach out and touch the fish and were able to hold variety of sea life in our hands.
After about 30 minutes underwater, we were offered free drinks while we watched the slide show and video of our adventure which we purchased at a fairly reasonable price.
The owners also grow their own oysters and culture their own pearls. They walked us through how that process worked and offered a no pressure opportunity to purchase one of their handmade pieces, which of course, I did.
We will definitely book this excursion again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We visited Sea Trek during a cruise to Mexico. Didn't have it planned, but we really wanted to try it. I am unable to snorkel because it freaks me out, so I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do this. They provide changing rooms to change into/out of swimwear. You're provided water shoes and a helmet. You get the helmet as you're getting into the water. Believe me, you don't want it any sooner. It's REALLY heavy. The water is pumped into the helmet so it's never a problem breathing. You just breathe naturally. Not an issue. You don't want to tip your head too far forward and backward because it changes the amount of water in your helmet. The water will come up to your neck, but that's it. I did it in my glasses and makeup. It's like you're looking through an aquarium tank. The water was VERY cold going in at first. You walk down a pool type ladder into the water. You don't have much time to get used to it. You just go down. They tell you to continue breathing naturally, but it was still a little scary to me. Once you're helmet goes under water you don't even think about the breathing part! It's unbelievable! It's the most incredible thing ever. We were the only people on this particular trip so we got extra attention, but I must say... the staff is awesome. You can take waterproof cameras down, but you'll want the pictures they take of you instead. The photos are first class. They have a diver down there that takes a LOT of pictures/videos for you and will even put them on a DVD to take home. For a fee of course. ;) They'll let you feed the beautiful fish and pick up stuff for you to hold underwater. I was NOT about to hold this little spider thing that was walking around down there, but it was cool to watch my husband do it. This was our first time underwater and it started my husband's diving obsession. He's been doing it since we've gotten back, and we've even taken trips specifically just to dive. Very cool. I recommend. Grab some nachos from the restaurant up top and it's a perfect morning.

7  Thank twdavis
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Just a short trip from the Cozumel port by taxi. Right next door to Margaritaville. I cannot say enough good things about this place! Everyone is super friendly! My husband and I both took the adventure. I actually panicked on my way down the ladder. I came back out and let another lady go ahead of me. The guide took my hand & explained for me to look at him, look at his eyes, Go down a couple of steps, he placed the helmet on me & said to go down 1, 2, 3, then he pointed to my right side & said "look at him". I did and under the water I went! It was fantastic. You basically trek in a square but it takes you 45 minutes or more. We got to hold a star fish, puffer fish, sting ray & urchin. They had some feed that drew in a school of multi colored fish. The feeling of the school swimming on and around you is amazing! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TRIP!!!!! I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

What an awesome experience! My husband and I plus our three teenagers enjoyed this excursion while on a cruise to Cozumel. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We spent over a half an hour in about 20+ feet of water. It was like being in a touch tank. We purchased the video and pictures taken of us holding: squid, starfish, puffer fish, and sea urchins. We highly recommend this attraction!

1  Thank bnbgroupie