“Splendid!”
Review of Sea Trek Cozumel

Sea Trek Cozumel
Ranked #126 of 306 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the most amazing exploring underwater world, is as easy as walking and breathing, ideal for ages 8 and up, get the sensation of walking in space, always guided by our professional staff. Includes free snorkel time after the tour. Sea Trek is available at the following locations - Jeanies Beach Club (at downtown) and National Park Chankanaab Daily every hour from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our first time doing anything like this, and we loved it! The staff was very attentive, and there were several staff divers with us, so we felt very safe. As one reviewer said, it is staged, but I felt that it was a good opportunity for those of us who are not divers to get a taste of the experience. There is an airplane wreck that we saw, and lots of beautiful fish, which the staff "bring" swimming to you so that you can see them up close. The helmet was very comfortable. Although the initial plunge (climbing slowly down a ladder into the water) is a little strange, we quickly became adjusted and no problems whatsoever breathing, seeing, or walking. I really appreciated that I could keep my prescription eyeglasses on for the experience! My hair didn't even get wet. There is a still photographer and a videographer and an opportunity to purchase photos afterwards. I wish I had known that they don't take credit cards for the photos, because we did not bring enough cash to purchase both. (didn't know how safe our belongings would be, but there is a locked locker to store your things.) We did purchase the cd of photos, though, and were very pleased with them. If you are coming from a cruise ship, you are greeted at the dock and put in a taxi (free of charge to you) to take you the several blocks to the diving location. They also send you back in a cab (again, no charge to you). This was a great experience for the uninitiated, and I highly recommend it!

All reviews
"safety briefing"
in 2 reviews
"beautiful fish"

Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you don't scuba dive, Helmet Diving is amazing! We went to Sea Trek, in Jeanie's Restaurant in Cozumel to do a Helmet Dive. Our special friends Russ & Brigitte Steele had seen this 2 years ago and Brigitte wanted to do this. Brigitte's birthday was May 3 and mine was May 6 so we decided to do this for our birthdays. Russ, Brigitte's husband, doesn't swim, but he agreed to go. I am a little apprehensive about snorkeling but decided if Russ was going then I would do it too, hoping I didn't chicken out at the last minute. Russ was fantastic as was Brigitte and Norm. I was a little on the chicken side when I first started down the ladder, but once down and seeing the staff there giving you the hand signals asking if I was okay, I became at ease and enjoyed this so much! Now I know how Norm felt when he went scuba diving a long time ago...amazing!

Wow! Amazing! The staff that instructs you and goes underwater with you are fantastic! Your fun and safe adventure is foremost in their minds. You feel so completely at ease while you are underwater. We were down about 30-35 minutes and were able to handle numerous sea life creatures.

We cannot say enough about the tremendous staff. We would definitely recommend this to everyone. When, not if, we go back to Cozumel this will definitely be on our to do list again!

These folks not only do Helmet Dives they do Snuba as well.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

It was very staged, had to follow a short "rope tour". Not worth the money. Very short, not anything like a natural setting. A small variety of fish in the small area, due to the fact the fish are accustomed to being fed here. Not a good value at all. $99 per person for around 20 minutes of true in the water time, then they want you to stay so you can buy their pictures and videos. They also got upset that we chose to go somewhere else to eat.

6  Thank Jeri S
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Now I know that I will like scuba diving and that I do like snorkeling! The only improvement I can think of would be to extend the time spent under water, playing with the colorful fish and enjoying the overall experience of walking on the ocean floor.

2  Thank TNPGH
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked this excursion while on the Carnival Magic cruise and it was very good. Our son is very reserved but was over joyed and was ready to go back any day any time! We arrived with another family via taxi and were dropped off in the front of Jeanie’s restaurant (And after the tour were picked up and driven by taxi back to the port at no additional expense). Then escorted to a presentation of how they culture pearls. They also have a gemologist available to answer questions and have beautiful pearls available for sale but there was NO pressure to buy anything!
We then had a short safety presentation and were giving a key to a locker to store our belongings. And then off to the dock. There were several divers available to make sure we understood the hand signals and how to enter the water safely. We went down about 15 to 20 feet below the surface and while getting in the water was a little chilly, it didn’t take very long to get use to the water. We all felt very safe and secure. Note they limit the number of guests to about 8 so that we get a personalized and safe tour.
Once below the surface, the divers were all around to make sure we were OK, taking pictures, feeding fish, and letting us hold a star fish, urchins, and pet a huge conch. They helped us out of the water and we had a chance to speak to the president of Sub Sea Systems (Jim Mayfield) who was interested in how we liked the excursion. We were given the opportunity to snorkel around the area and were provided snorkels and fins. After the dive we had 2 complimentary drinks.
The best part of this excursion unlike several others that encourage tipping, there were NO requests for additional tips to the staff or divers which I think if very refreshing!!!
Prior to the cruise we purchased an Olympus underwater camera just for this excursion and we got excellent pictures and videos from below and above the water.

4  Thank Gerald H