“GREAT, EASY, COZY STAY!”

Condumel Condobeach Apartments
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We booked this condo through a private owner and absolutely loved it.

We rented a car at the airport and it was only a five minute drive to the condo. When we arrived we met with Sara and she was very accomodating and showed us every detail. The fridge was stocked with water, beer, wine, eggs, bread, butter and a few other things and we soon found out that the prices for these items were VERY reasonable. For example, a cold beer is seventy cents and the eggs are twenty cents each. We did stock some of our own items but you are definitely set for breakfasts!

We were diving every day so were not at the condo for the most part. The bed was a comfortable place to fall at the end of the day. Unfortunately it rained most evenings so we spent them inside. We love to cook our own food so we did most of our cooking in the condo.

The staff and setting of this condo are top notch. The only problem we did have is the one afternoon we did sit down by the water, we were bitten very badly by either noseeums or sand flees. We came back with over fifty bites to each leg.

We were only here for three full days but will be back for sure! We absolutely loved it.........bites and all!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmnRob67

Reviewed 14 December 2011

From the one of a kind staff, stocked fridge, quiet beach and perfect swimming.We came to do the ironman in Nov. and were treated superbly and had taxis arranged for us and a nice piece of chocolate cake when we finished.Rooms are very large and bathroom better than most you can find in Mexico.I have travelled to Cozumel since the 80's and this is a good deal ....will be back for another kick at the ironman in a year or two and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We were so stoked to finish our two week honeymoon with a week here! Tired of eating out every day, we were looking forward to the privacy of having your "own home" for a week with some "home-cooked-mexican-style" food ;). The staff here are absolutely amazing. Top notch! The cleanliness, being this close to the ocean, is really good too. It's about a 20-30 minute (depending on how fast one walks) walk into town. I think we walked into the town every night. We also got groceries a couple times at the "MEGA". It is a huge grocery store with HUGE selection. It is probably 45 minutes from Condumel, but we got a taxi back ($5-$6) with all our food and water. There was two things we didn't like (one thing we actually hated...yes, really!) 1) how terribly hard the mattress was and 2) that you had to climb/jump into 12 foot waves to get into the water.

At first we just thought we'd get used to said rock-like mattress, but honestly, how does one get used to a rock, however clean and flat? You don't. Three or less nights wouldn't have been so bad (we're young, right?), but we spent lots of time stretching out kinks and pains in our back and shoulders every morning...OUCH! If we hadn't had such an amazing view we would have left early. The view is KILLER! SO amazing...At all times of the day too!! Maybe not all the beds were like that one...they said we should try sleeping in a hammock...yah, not so much fun at night as it is for a nap...expecially when your new husband wants to cuddle with you in ONE hammock....back to the torture of the rock mattress, lol!

I thought the "cliff" would be an adventure to get into the water, and why not? It IS an advenutre. Maybe if it hadn't been so windy every day, but we both got minor cuts trying to get into the water with snorkel gear as the waves are BIG at 12 foot deep and smashed us into the side of the cliff unless we were completely braced properly (quite hard for non-pro snorkelers like us...). The water was beautiful...and we enjoyed it more without gear...but the current is very strong. I found it difficult to swim for too long. I didn't think the snorkeling was that amazing either...but maybe because I've been to Hawaii? I don't know. We did see some incredible fish, just not as much as I'd been led to believe I would by other people.

So overall, BEAUTIFUL place (if you have an outside unit, the crickets are noisy all night, by the way), and we loved cooking our own meals (beware of little ants everywhere in the kitchen....all the time...even though I think they were worse because we were there in the summer) and walking into town in the evenings. We just missed the comforts of the B&B we stayed in at first (their beds were amazing!) and I missed being able to walk along the seashore and have the waves lap at my ankles. I didn't think I'd miss that as much as I did. If they fixed their hard beds...and you don't miss a beach...go there! Everything else is great!!!

Room Tip: Obviously, the views higher up are probably even more stunning...but it was wonderful to be able to...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobynC03092011
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I've stayed at both places and can give a pro/cons list.... Condumel is very conveniently located to town and it's easy to walk back and forth without intending to do so (we'd realize we were almost home and pass on the cab). The view is beautiful as is the immediate water/snorkeling access right off your beach. The unit is designed to orient you towards the ocean and expansive view, and the studio is one big open space. The interior is kinda dated but generally clean. Sara is a great manager and Aldora divers is basically next door so you can just stumble out in the morning and walk over.

Miramar has a much more updated interior and lots of room -- it's a full scale apartment and very comfortable although it was overkill for a short-term stay. They had a 5 gallon filtered water dispenser which was convenient. However, the additional distance made a bigger difference than we expected -- further walks meant more cabs and higher cab fares since Miramar is one zone further than Condumel. It took us around 10-15 minutes to get around that harbor to walk to Aldora from Miramar.

If I were staying on Cozumel for an extended period, like for over 2 weeks, I'd rent Miramar and get a bike to go back and forth to town as cab fares really add up. The Miramar condo layout would make it comfortable for 2-3 ppl to not get in each other's face as there are separate living spaces but that means no ocean view from the living room. However, for the standard 1 week vacation where you're going to eat many meals out (we still cooked breakfast at Condumel since dives started so early) Condumel would definitely be my first choice even though the units and interiors are older than Miramar.

I do wish there were palapas or umbrellas on Condumel's beach as it's hard to lay out in such strong sun.

Room Tip: I preferred the upper floors for privacy and the more dramatic view.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank savvychic-travels
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Pros:
value (especially when combined with Aqua Safari's dive package)
service
view
snorkeling
quiet (8 units for vacationers)
bathroom: huge bathroom, plus the most enormous tub I've seen, bidet!
quiet, yet close to town (the 1st hotel in the northern hotel zone)
cleanliness
spacious

cons:
for some, the location (not in town) may be less convenient than others, but we liked the walk

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms on the 1st floor, because you have direct access to the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed her after a friend told me about this place . Very reasonable and they give airline employee discount. The view from bedroom is amazing the sliding glass door is the whole length of the room. In the living room the sliding glass door is the full length of the room. There was a hammock to hang in the bedroom . The refriderator was stocked with bread,beer, butter milk juice ice bottle water, jelly, mayonaise, It has a excellent cookware dishes were clean. Bed was comfy and my favorite a diving board that lead right into the ocean. Did some awesome snorkling right outside back. Parrot fish ,angle fish, Did a little night snorkiling also it was incredible. Cant ask for a better staff. Sara is one in a million! I did have one draw back they dont take credit cards. So we had to run to the ATM but that was fine. And all that info is provided when you make your reservation nothing was hidden. If you go to YOUTUBE you can look at the video and everything on it is just like the place. I will be going back in a couple of months. THey said in the month of Sept and Oct they have rooms as low as 90.00 a night.

Room Tip: Stayed on top floor and on bottom floor. Both were great!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank absherkathy
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My girlfriend and I just returned from a stay at Condumel. We rented an end unit on the first floor with direct access to the beach. beach. We extended our stay by two days and due to another party having dibs on ojr original u it we moved to an upstairs unit with a beautiful vantafe point view. Both units had their advantages. It was a toss up between unimpeded access to tne water from tne bedroom or living room, or a romantic view from the 2nd floor balcony. The staff were all exceptionally gracious and helpful. All requests were handled promptly and politely. The gentleman who maintained his post at tne door in the e ening gave an excellwnt recommendation at a local (non-tourist) resturant. as cited in other reviews some attention needs to be given to abating the mildew smell, more noticable in the first floor unit with origins in lavatory. The curtain rod in tne shower was bent giving tne bath area a crooked appearence at first glance. It should be straightened or replaced. The minor things notwithstanding. This is a great place at a very reasonable price. The grocery market is a ten minute walk on the same street as Condumel. The fridge is stocked with the essentials like milk, juice eggs, butter, bread jam, mayo, mustard juice etc. and use of the items is at the local market cost. Not inflated like most room stocked items. You will not find a quieter, more relaxed atmosphere for your vacation dollar.

• Stayed: June 2011