“Beautiful!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very pretty area. reminded me a lot of some of the beaches on Maui. nice little stop for souvenirs as well. Had a coco loco drink here too - very tasty!

Visited October 2013

Azle, Texas, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“God's Sculpture”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Well, how can I describe it? Gorgeous, exquisite, rugged. This was my first time in Mexico and we were in Cozumel for a quick day trip from my first-ever cruise. Instead of taking one of the regulation approved shore-leave trips we just hailed a taxi and for a fraction of what you'd pay for a private tour, our taxi-guy drove us all around the entire island and pointed out things we would have never known about. El Mirador was a highlight with it's windswept, volcanic shoreline. Of course while climbing on the rocks I got my foot caught in one of the holes. But I made it down safely. International medical emergency averted. This is a must see if you're touring the island.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Goldie B
Sugar Hill, Georgia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Island Highlight”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

El Mirador was the second stop on our Island Highlights Tour with Moises at All Pro Tours on Tues. June 18. We were on Cozumel for a week and since it was a cloudy day & we wanted to get familiar with the island, this sounded like a great tour. We didn't have reservations, but we were staying at El Cid, the meeting point for this tour, so we were able to join in last minute. Moises was great. After visiting El Cedral, next stop was El Mirador and we had read about it and this part of the island & didn't want to leave without experiencing it. Even though it was a cloudy day, it was still beautiful. Just loved watching the waves crashing. We only had about 20 min. here, enough time to walk around, take pictures & soak up the environment. Definitely not a swimming beach, and caution is needed when walking on the rocks, but for sure a must see in Cozumel. Didn't have enough time here, but we rented a car Friday and went back to El Mirador. It was a beautiful sunny day and we spent alot more time taking more pictures and enjoying the scenery. This end of the island is truly breath taking and definitely worth seeing & experiencing. I easily could have spent the entire morning walking around at El Mirador, relaxing in the hammock, and taking pictures of other couples/families for them. The ocean is just so spectacular and all the colors are amazing. This place is exceptional.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mtns2SeaAndInBetween
Granite Falls, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“This place is beautiful”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

In reading where someone said this place is "nothing exceptional", I couldn't disagree more. I think anyone who comes to this place and isn't struck by the beauty of it, would be difficult to please.

We came to Cozumel on the Disney Fantasy, on May 15th, 2013, and it was our 2nd trip to the island. I had seen pics of El Mirador, and wanted to see the east side of Cozumel. We rented a car in San Miguel, and drove to El Mirador. I want to say this is absolutely one of the MOST beautiful natural spots I have ever seen. The waters of the Caribbean are gorgeous, and the rock formations add to the beauty. It was definitely worth our time to rent the car and drive to El Mirador. This is not a swimming beach, as it is very rocky and the surf is MUCH more rough than on the west side beaches of Cozumel. But the waves crashing into the rocks, is what makes this place worth seeing, and adds to the beauty of it. My wife said El Mirador was her favorite part of the entire cruise.

That being said, there are 2 criticisms in some of the negative reviews, that are legitimate....the trash on the beach, and the danger of the rocks. Extreme caution should be used when walking out on the rock formations, as there are holes that one could fall down into and be injured. Small children should be held, or not allowed on the rocks at all. But if you simply watch where you're going, you will be fine.

Now, the one very disappointing part of this beach, is that there is a TON of trash to the left side of the beach (if you're facing the Caribbean). Probably more trash than I've ever seen on any beach. I find it hard to understand why a beach of this natural beauty, would not be kept cleaner. This is something that needs to be improved.

The GOOD part about the trash, is that it all seems to be confined to the area to the left of the main rock formations, and is not even noticeable, until you walk over to the left. If you stay to the rock formations/rock bridges on the right and center, you don't even see the trash....all you see is the beautiful rocks, and the awesome water of the Caribbean, crashing into those rocks.

It is about a 30-40 minute drive from San Miguel, to El Mirador, on a road with almost NO traffic, once you get out of town. But the beaches on the east side of Cozumel are so much different than the beach clubs/areas on the west side, which are beautiful too. El Mirador is the natural beauty of the Caribbean at its best!

Don't let the trash part keep you from visiting this spot when you're in Cozumel. It IS a beautiful place, and you can avoid the trashy area without any difficulty at all. It is DEFINITELY worth seeing. Just be very careful when walking on the rocks, and watch your step.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank SmokyMtnMan6643
Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“amazing view”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

most amazing ocean view ever! we came here on a 'tour of the island' excursion and my only complaint is we only got 15 min. next time in cozumel i want to come here longer just to sit and relax with the view. the jagged coral formations are at natures greatest! just imagining this was under water so long it formed the huge coral you are walking on. breathtaking!

Visited May 2013