My wife and I spent nine nights in the Royal Club at the Occidental Grand Cozumel December 7-16, 2013.
The check in was speedy and well organized. Our room was well appointed with king bed, sitting area, balcony and a three piece bathroom. The air conditioner worked well generally, the room was quite nice.
The beach was uncrowded and wonderful with always plenty of beach chairs. The quiet pool was nevery used and a great place to lounge although, I must say, the water was very, very cold in the pool. The Royal Club pool with many jets was great. The only disappointment here was that it was not heated and often very cold before noon.
The First Club left a lot to be desired. It is very small, located a long distance from the Royal Club and on the second floor connected to the hotel. This was definely second rate!
Food in th Royal Club Restaurant was fair to good. Breakfast and luch were good but offered very little choice thoughout our stay. Dinner was also fair to good and never changed day to day. I would rate the food three ahd a half star and the service five star for all meals.
We ate at each of the specialty resturants and found each pretty poor. In fact, we left the Sonora without eating our main course because it was so bad. The Buffet was Ok but really not very special. The food seemed pretty grey and the selection was quite limited. I would, however, choose the buffet over the two specialty resturants.
In all,the vacation was very nice. The grounds are beautiful, the beach wonderful and the pools uncrowded. I recommed the Occidental Grand Cozumel for a relaxing vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Barcelo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel