Vacationed with three of our adult children and one daughter's sigificant other. Overall, this was a great place to stay. We have stayed at many resorts in Cozumel and this was right up there with the best of them. It is close enough to Dressel Divers at Iberostar to walk down the beach to the dive shop. The only issue was that the a/c in our rooms the first day was really slow getting cold. By night, it was cold enough that we slept fine. And, given a choice, we would have dealt with anyone other than Francisco at the front desk - he was really not very customer-service driven in that he acted like every request or issue was a personal pain in the hiney for him (rolled his eyes, totally distracted, etc.). All other staff we've dealt with have been very helpful and courteous. Abi and the rest of the folks at the pool area were great! BTW - bugs are a real issue - bring bug spray!! All in all, we would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel