We found the hotel service to be good and responsive to the guests needs. Yes, at times bars and the front desk can be busy, but if you patiently wait all is well and your needs/wants are taken care of as best a possible.
We arrived at our hotel around 5pm and were immediately checked in, we even got a king-size bed as requested months before our trip, through personal email and our Funjet trip advisor. The rooms/bathrooms are nice, big, and clean. The bed was hard, as most are in Mexico, but we were tired enough every night we didn't notice! We stayed in Room 1525, the 15th building is located in a nice, middle area from everything else at the hotel. A/C was nice and cool.
The beach is one of the best on the island! Fabulous. As long as you get to the beach by 9:00am you will have no problem finding a beach chair/hut. There is an activity pool immediately behind the beach area, very busy throughout the day. Through the mangrove there is a relaxation pool and it was great! There was hardly any one there throughout the day. We would usually stop on our way in from the beach for a quick dip! The chairs there are also comfy!
The food is like most all inclusive resorts. A different themed food every night, but about the same type of food. When we got tried of eating at the hotel, we ate at Alberto's down the beach and in town twice. The omelets were my favorite at breakfast, delicious. Lunch was always good as well, which is served at a beautiful restaurant on the beach. After coming to Cozumel about 10 times, it seems the amount of food options and variety has decreased, but I can see this being as part of the economy these days, no biggie. *Freddie was our favorite bartender! Very nice!
Every night there were shows, that were pretty fun and entertaining if you had nothing else to do.
Overall our honeymoon trip to Cozumel was great! It was both of our first time staying at the Occidental Grand, and we enjoyed it! If you aren't laid back, Mexico isn't for you, you just have to go with the flow and enjoy your time on vacation!
We both tried scuba diving for the first time and OMG, feel in love with it! If you go to Cozumel and don't at least try diving, you're crazy!
We are already planning our next trip back to dive!
I highly recommend Chucho and Jessica! You will not regret it!
Or visit Facebook page at:
Dive Inn Cozumel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel