My wife and I stayed from 3-14 to 3-21, had a terrific time, beautiful resort, small, very laid back, excellent service, quiet as can be, premium liquor, all inclusive was great. Nadia, the concerige for us was excellent, took care of all the restaurants reservations, had flowers delivered for me for the wifes anniversary, and any issues were well taken care of. I recommend the sunset massage for two on the beach, great way to end a busy day. Albertos next door is good, but pricey, go to town, Pancho;s Backyard for lunch, and Jimmy Buffets for margaitas all afternoon. If you want a little excitement, try the Fly High Zip Lining, good rush. Food was only average, wine with dinner is extremely poor. Nature is all over, snorkeling is great just at the resort, and if you want to do nothing the whole time, no one bothers you. Only once did the time share people talk to us and we told them firmly no, did not bother us again. Rooms are extremely spacious and bathrooms most people would love to have at home, however rooms had musty smell and you will have to wash all your clothes when you return. Lobby bartenders were great, especially the evenings. I do recommend to tip the good servers and the person who makes up the rooms. Overall great resort, if we didnt like going to other places, we would definitely return there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel