We just got back from this resort and it was the worst trip we had ever had. To start, the beds were like sleeping on a concrete slab and the walls were paper thin, you could hear everything around you. The shower water smelled like sewer water. The food in the buffets was terrible and covered with flys at the outside buffet by the pool. The food looked like most of it was mixed up with left overs from previous days. We ate at their high end steak restaurant on the last night and the New York steak I ordered was 1/2 inch thick, fatty, tough, and nasty. We were also told after we arrived that we could only eat at their 2 premimum restaurants only 2 times with our 5 night booking. In the end we weren't too disappointed since that food was just as bad. It also cost to use wi-fi (20.00 per day), drinkable wine started at $45.00 per bottle, hard alcohol was watered down tasteing, and no one seemed to want to help you with anything. I have been to some real nice places in Mexico and this is not one of them. This was by far the worst vacation our family has ever taken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Barcelo, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel