Warning. Don't get money from the ATM in the hotel (gives you USD). The change rate is 14.8 MXN for 1USD at the ATM, while the real change rate is 12.9. Over a transaction of 400$USD, the ATM take from you an extra 60$. Go outside near the security booth, there is an ATM that gives you pesos and seems legit.
Food is not really good, sometimes bad. But you wont get sick. Hotel is very clean and staff is dedicated. Drinks are good. Rent a scooter, pretty safe in town and around. Locals are courteous and local food is pretty good. Taxi from Melia to town is 7$ one way (about 5 min ride). Scooter, we paid around 20-22$ per 24 hrs (we didn't look that much for prices). You can rent sooters, cars, jeep, bicycle from the hotel but expect to pay a lot for what you can get in town.
### Divers! The is no diving boat leaving from Melia, you have to get a taxi to hotel allegro, about 20 min away###
Diving is okay. If you did your certification in a quarry or in the freezing cold murky waters in Quebec, Cozumel will be the dive of your life. But if you travelled from Indonesia or Thailand for diving in Mexico, the trip don't worth the money.
Very relaxing place, no big partys in the hotel. The rooms in ocean view gives over the Adult pool, so expect drunk folks enjoying themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the most charming all-inclusive hideaways in the Mexican Caribbean, featuring a long, shallow sugar sand beach perfect for wading or swimming, four restaurants, five bars, and unlimited amounts of fun. This beautiful beachfront resort is directly across the street from the island's premium golf course, Cozumel Country Club, featuring an 18-hole, par 72 championship course designed by the Nicklaus Design Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Melia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Hotel Cozumel
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf And Beach Resort
- Sol Melia Cozumel
- Cozumel Sol Melia
- Resort Melia Cozumel