Our trip to this resort was a first-time "A.I. Caribbean family vacation". It was highly recommended by our travel agent, who knew that we were looking for a resort that needed to meet our "criteria"... Safe Island... Beautiful Beach... Good Food... Excellent Service... Tropical Ambiance... and of course... Reasonable $$$. We were not disappointed. This active All-Inclusive resort overlooks the sparkling waters of the Caribbean from a beautiful shore made up of a long extension of powder white sand strewn with rustling palms and comfortable hammocks.
Check in took some time, as there were a lot of people that arrived with us... which was OK, as we just helped ourselves to refreshments at the Lobby Bar while we waited. We ended up with adjoining rooms in the Ocean Front Villas, with amazing views of the ocean through the many palm trees & palapas... we could go out from our patios right onto the beautiful beach! Each morning, with Room Service coffee, my son & I went out onto our favourite loungers to watch the surf, listen to the waves crashing and the hear various birds singing, while we waited for the others to join us for breakfast.
The Buffet food was good, not extraordinary, something for everyone though. Lavishly decorated, the buffet served breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks were available throughout the day. By far, the Mexican food was the best. The kids enjoyed the tacos & fajitas which were great, as well as the make-it-yourself "taco" soup. We really enjoyed "Café Paraiso", the a la carte Restaurant and Piano Bar with daily changing menu and a wide selection of wines from France, California and México. It was amazing to watch all the sea-life in the huge fish tanks. The ambiance here was very nice, low lighting & live music which made for a memorable meal. I'm sure it would be very romantic for couples here, without children. This was the only vacation spot we've been to that each of us, at one time or another, got a mild case of "Montezuma's Revenge".
The animation team really works hard to get guests to "join in" for some beach games... "Crazy Games" as one staff member named it! Not really our thing, but they stopped asking after awhile. The one thing we did do with the Animation Team was to walk down the coast to their sister resort, for some "major" snorkelling. This was one of the "highlights" of our trip! What an experience, swimming in the ocean, just off a pier, where you are surrounded by hundreds of brightly coloured fish! It felt as though we were in an aquarium! Amazing! Nightly entertainment was in their indoor air-conditioned "auditorium"... we found it really too bad that it wasn't outdoors, enjoying the wafting tropical breezes. But we watched broadway skits / shows, games, and although we never stayed for too long, there was also dancing and karaoke until late.
We were never accosted by vendors, there was only one man who came by, asked if we were interested in any of his "wares"... we talked to him, looked over his items, but told him we were going to be going into town later, to do some shopping. You know what? He was so glad that we didn't just ignore him and that we took the time to talk to him & treated him with respect... he gave our daughter a coral necklace for free!
Lastly, I have to mention the absolutely beautiful Mexican sunsets! They were truly spectacular! All in all, we had a wonderful family vacation... relaxing and fun...one that we will treasure forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the most charming all-inclusive hideaways in the Mexican Caribbean, featuring a long, shallow sugar sand beach perfect for wading or swimming, four restaurants, five bars, and unlimited amounts of fun. This beautiful beachfront resort is directly across the street from the island's premium golf course, Cozumel Country Club, featuring an 18-hole, par 72 championship course designed by the Nicklaus Design Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Melia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf And Beach Resort
- Melia Cozumel All Inclusive Golf & Beach Hotel Cozumel
- Sol Melia Cozumel
- Cozumel Sol Melia
- Resort Melia Cozumel